Do You Ever Think You Really "Loved" God?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We sang songs saying we loved jehovah.

• Inkie
    Inkie

Tammy: What you wrote,

This man, this Son of God, who I loved (for his love, his peace, his forgiveness, his mercy, his loyalty)... loved God. That was when I decided I hadn't known God very well from what I read in the OT.

That was/is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

--Inkie

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

God, I'm going to write something about this one day.

Meantime, 'loving your heavenly father with your whole heart'! I have a very clear view, now, of what constitutes fatherly behaviour and I see nothing in my reading of the Bible that even comes near to the tangible qualities required to love God.

• tec
    tec

Inkie -

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I was a kid going from one church to another I loved God and kept looking for Him.

Then I was a Witness and felt further away from God than I ever did in my life.

• sabastious
    sabastious

For me, there is not enough data for an actual "love test." I know that my son will love me because I will treat him well and love him dearly. I know that the way I am going to father my son will make it easy for him to love me. I also have seen many times in different families where they actually don't love their parents outside of "they are my parents."

Love requires a relationship. Some could argue that it does not, but I think that argument is stale and over technical... for all intents and purposes love requires a relationship.

How does a relationship form? From what I have experienced it has to come from tangible physical or mental experience. You have to feel something to even spark the begginings of a relationship, and subsequent love.

I do not feel God, therefore it is impossible for me to love him/it.

I know for some that is a terrifying prospect, but I can assure you if God exists he is with me. I truly believe within my heart that I was created. I do not need to prove nor disprove this belief, it is in my heart a true relationship.

So as a created intellegent entity I do wonder the "why's" and the "if's"... but it doesn't really feel like a relationship to a person, it feels more like a relationship to an ancestor.

I hope that makes sense.

-Sab

• designs
    designs

I always felt close to God or at least the image I had in my head about God, he was paternal and I could talk about anything with him. Then I read 'A Brief History Of Time' by Stephen Hawkins and thought uhoh! I've got some major conceptual adjustments to make.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I always felt close to God or at least the image I had in my head about God, he was paternal and I could talk about anything with him. Then I read 'A Brief History Of Time' by Stephen Hawkins and thought uhoh! I've got some major conceptual adjustments to make.

I'll let you in on a secret...

If a person ever wants to give up Prayer because they don't feel anyone is listening they'd be dead wrong. There is always someone observing everything that we do and that's ourselves. Whether you talk to yourself or you talk to yourself and your God it reaps the same results.

Well I don't know if that true it's just what makes sense to me... but if it's not true don't blame me.

-Sab

• minimus
    minimus

I still pray (infrequently) especially if I believe I'm in trouble.

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

No.

God never gave me a reason to love Him. He demands love and respect. His alternative death.

Fuck you, God. Give me your worst...I'll never respect you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYPsoxpt0BU

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit