Do You Ever Think You Really "Loved" God?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know we all have said that we "loved Jehovah God" while we were Witnesses, but do you think you REALLY LOVED God?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

No. I don't think that serving out of fear of being destroyed at Armageddon is equal to love.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

you mean "fear of god"?

• tec
    tec

The first time I really loved God (besides when I was a child/children love easily), was when I realized that Christ loved His Father. It was one of those lightbulb moments. This man, this Son of God, who I loved (for his love, his peace, his forgiveness, his mercy, his loyalty)... loved God. That was when I decided I hadn't known God very well from what I read in the OT. And that was when I moved from fear of God (which I had convinced myself was love) to love for God.

Tammy

• yknot
    yknot

Yes, granted my concept of God was limited to the view of the WTS mostly.

'Do I still luv 'God'? Yes, I do.

Do I think I know 'God' like I did in my JWhaze.....nope but all in all it is still all flowers, rainbows, butterflies,cushiony pillows and bunny rabbits at least in my world....... (off to sing 'Jesus loves me' giggling and bouncing along my life's current path)

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I loved Wilma Deering when I saw her in a spacesuit...ooo sorry wrong thread

• minimus
    minimus

J Hofer, hello! I mean love.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've loved Him all my life.

I hate what the WT has done to His image.

Syl

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of people find it difficult loving someone you can't see. In the case of God, it takes faith to love Him.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

thinking about it, i don't remember having ever said "i love god". i remember having said that i believed god was real. when talking about "love" in the congregation, it never was more than an empty word.

part of that was because god was always depicted as a loving father, and i just hated my father...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit