Do you have a Facebook Page? and if so

by DeeDubs 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.F.
    R.F.

I left it blank. My brother's, who left JWs(though never baptized) before I did says "none".

• magoo
    magoo

yes & "non-religous - though spiritual"

magoo

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

XJW Humanist

• cantleave
    cantleave

Atheist / Agnostic - Cult Survivor

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Cult Survivor/ Ex JW. Now an Atheist with a Phd equivalent in Awake and Watchtower-not!

For a while I had just Christian, then I changed it to cult survivor/exjw. Then I took the exjw off because for a short while I too felt being exjw didn't define who I was, but now I think that it does and will do until I stop visiting sites like this. I am now definitely an Atheist.

• wobble
    wobble

Amelia, you have a P.M

I am going to amend my FB entry later, I might put Non- practising Atheist ? or non-fundie atheist ?

• darthfader
    darthfader

Pastafarian ... really!

• undercover
    undercover
    I have noticed that some Jehovah's Witnesses put Christian on there. I guess that is understandable since they believe they are the TRUE Christians. However, it does make them appear to be like every other person (Methodist, Catholic, etc.) who also takes this title. Which would be okay except that they do not consider these other religions Christian.

I know some non-JWs who put "christian" in their description. I think it's because they're not really affliated with any particular brand of christianity but since they were raised to believe in Jesus they think they're christian.

The JWs I know that put "christian" did it to be a bit sneaky, IMO. They know they can't leave it blank or put some sarcastic comment, yet they don't want to advertise that they really are JWs...so they go with the all encompassing description of "christian".

But I know of some uber-dubs that not only listed themselves as JWs but they listed "theocratic kingdom" as their political preference. One JW went so far as to list himself as JW but then in paranthesis put "true christians". That's how you win converts, dipshit, claim exclusivity and basically insult everyone else.

• undercover
    undercover

I forgot to answer the original question...

I left it blank. But when the time is right I'm changing it to a John Lennon quote: "I believe in me...and that's reality"

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Here's one I saw that made me want to vomit:

Religious Viewssame as political views

Political ViewsJehovah pwns all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit