The Watchtower denies that God is Omnipresent

by brotherdan 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

Brother Dan: "The Awake article said NOTHING about Him." (Him = Jesus)

I'm utterly shocked. Isn't the Awake supposed to be a well-known Christian magazine? How can they not mention Jesus ferhevinsakes?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Strangely enough, they left this little doosy of a scripture out too:

Proverbs 15:3 - "The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good."

and this one:

Matthew 18:20 - " For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

and this one:

Jeremiah 23:24 - "Do not I fill heaven and earth saith the Lord."

• sabastious
    sabastious

Sounds like they are trying to appear as if they are non-conflictual with the trinity doctrine. They describe Jehovah's Active Force as a separate physical entity.

Their answer to the question in the article is essentially both yes and no simultaneously.

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think I invented a new word for the Watchtower. They are omnistupid.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Their god is just at the Kingdom Hall,,that's why they have to go there all the time.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Nevermind...I just googled the word and apparently I am not as clever as I thought. Tons of people use the word. Dammit...

• Ding
    Ding

Didn't the WTS used to teach that Jehovah dwells in the Pleiades?

I'm serious.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

They surely did. Here are some fun quotes for you ,Ding

Furthermore, Science declares that there is a far mightier Center, around which these countless millions of suns revolve, accompanied by their planets and satellites. This great Center seems to be associated with the Pleiades, particularly with Alcyone, the central star of this renowned group. For this reason the suggestion has been made that the Pleiades may represent the Residence of Jehovah, the place from which He governs the Universe. This thought gives new force to the question which the Almighty asked the patriarch Job: "Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? Canst thou bring forth the constellations of the Zodiac in their season?"-- 'Job 38:31,32'. There seem to be fewer stars in the North than in any other part of the heavens. Thus the North seems to have been given a very prominent position, the other points of the compass giving it homage, as it were. This fact was observed by the ancients, as the Prophet Job declares--"He stretcheth out the North over the empty space, and hangeth the earth upon nothing." ('Job 26:7'.) Throughout the Scriptures the North seems to be closely associated with Jehovah's government of the earth. {Zions Watchtower Jun 15 1915 185}

"Some one asked me the other day: Suppose you should be here in 1925 what would you do? I said, I believe I will be home in the Pleiades before then .." {Watchtower Nov 1 1920 334}
    "The face of the deep, of course, would be toward the Pleiades, which are claimed to be the habitation of Jehovah." {CREA 94}

The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared with the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God." {RECO 14}
  • Ding
    Ding

Given the WT's emphasis on Jehovah dwelling in one specific place, how do they handle this passage?

Revelation 21:2-3: "And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a beautiful bride prepared for her husband. 3 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, "Look, the home of God is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them."

Does this mean that Jehovah will be on earth and the 144,000 off in heaven?

Or will the 144,000 come back to earth too?

If the latter, what's the point of the 2 alleged classes?

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

LOL Gayle!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit