young brothers expelled from B/bethel in early 70s

by singsongboi 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Difficult to believe gangs could rape men? I thought that was old news, the prisons are full of gang rape and that sort of abuse. Also, back in the 1970's, homosexuals didn't have the reputation for being civil and monogamous that is portrayed by the gay movement today. New York was considered a sexual jungle back then. Sorry I'm blurting all of this out and not sugar-coating it.

We're not talking about prison, but the streets of Brooklyn Heights where if a rape occurred, any rape, it would make major headlines. There were occasionally rapes of women there, which I heard about, but I never heard of a rape of a man by "roving gangs of homosexuals." Here is what happened: your friend must have been just as homophobic as you are, Rick, and because there are many homosexuals in Brooklyn Heights, he probably projected his fears onto them. He probably assumed that there were gangs out to get him if he wasn't careful. This is a laughable idea if you understand human nature. But if you and your friend want to curse the idea of homosexuality by your prejudicial remarks, I guess you can believe the stories you pass back and forth between each other instead of common sense.

I'm telling you your friend was wrong. His imagination went wild, as yours is wont to do.

• Derrick
    Derrick

You evidently were too self absorbed to pay any attention to my postings on H2O. Otherwise you would know that I have defended the rights of gays, encouraging others to allow Jehovah to mercifully decide their fate. I also believe from seeing "die hard straight" brothers turn gay that anyone could become gay. That is why I think the Society's paranoia about homosexuality is unscriptural. If they did their homework they would have treated it as a very personal matter between an individual and God, unless (of course) that individual wasn't trying to teach children that being "gay" is better than being "straight"! It's just as biased for a heterosexual teacher to tell children that homosexuality is wrong. It is the place of parents to teach children morality.

Seeker, it's too bad you presume to know me, when you know absolutely nothing about me as evidenced in your reply.

Your speculation about my friend on the basis of these accounts is dubious considering that I have heard cooberation of his account from elders and other brothers.

I could call you on those accounts of group sex at Bethel and shower room college-type shenanigans, Seeker, but it's silly. Our exchange reminds me of two retired folks arguing over what went down in World War II, each claiming the other's memory is flawed. George Burns and another noteable fellow went back and forth in a similar manner, each debunking the other's remembered account of an incident 30 years earlier, on one comedy. This is what our exchange reminds me of.

Of course I'm wrong, Seeker, whatever you say. ol' fellow. ;-)

Derrick

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.

-- William Blake (Auguries of Innocence)

• Seeker
    Seeker
    You evidently were too self absorbed to pay any attention to my postings on H2O.

I read them. Wrong assumption on your part, Rick.

Otherwise you would know that I have defended the rights of gays, encouraging others to allow Jehovah to mercifully decide their fate.
    That sentence speaks volumes and not in the way you thought. But my point is that the posts you have made in this thread indicate ideas about homosexuality that indicate your displeasure.

I also believe from seeing "die hard straight" brothers turn gay that anyone could become gay. That is why I think the Society's paranoia about homosexuality is unscriptural. If they did their homework they would have treated it as a very personal matter between an individual and God, unless (of course) that individual wasn't trying to teach children that being "gay" is better than being "straight"! It's just as biased for a heterosexual teacher to tell children that homosexuality is wrong. It is the place of parents to teach children morality.
    You either are gay or you are not, and you cannot force one to become the other. I will never be gay, for instance, because I'm just not made that way. I don't care if I encounter "roving homosexual gangs" or not, it ain't gonna happen. If you have "seen" straight guys "turn" gay, it means they already had the tendency to be gay but weren't admitting it to themselves before.

Seeker, it's too bad you presume to know me, when you know absolutely nothing about me as evidenced in your reply.
    I just went on what you wrote. If you disagree, show me where my interpretation of your own words is in error.

Your speculation about my friend on the basis of these accounts is dubious considering that I have heard cooberation of his account from elders and other brothers.
    I don't care who said what, those of us who lived there at the time would have heard stories if it was true. We heard lots of other sexual stories, but this roving homosexual gang business is nonsense. I told you that your friends must have imagined it just by seeing all the gay men on the street and having a distaste for that lifestyle, thus imagining that these men were in a "gang" out to "get him." This is a fantasy that straight men have about homosexuals, but it's just a fantasy. Evidently it's a fantasy shared by "elders and other brothers." But it just didn't happen.

I could call you on those accounts of group sex at Bethel and shower room college-type shenanigans, Seeker, but it's silly. Our exchange reminds me of two retired folks arguing over what went down in World War II, each claiming the other's memory is flawed. George Burns and another noteable fellow went back and forth in a similar manner, each debunking the other's remembered account of an incident 30 years earlier, on one comedy. This is what our exchange reminds me of.

Of course I'm wrong, Seeker, whatever you say. ol' fellow. ;-)

Unlike you, I have no distaste for homosexual behavior. Therefore I have no ax to grind in this matter. If there were gangs of homosexuals I had heard about, I'd say so. But I didn't, so I said that.

The group sex stories I related were told me first-hand by the participants. No imagination on their part, direct reporting of events. You can believe it or not as you wish, but since plenty of other participants in this thread corroborated these stories, but no one corroborated your story, I think it's clear which events were real and which were imagined.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit