young brothers expelled from B/bethel in early 70s

by singsongboi 22 Replies latest jw friends

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

i am interested in the following incident(s)....

........the witch-hunt at Brooklyn Bethel in the early seventies when dozens of Bethel boys were disfellowshipped after learning of their midnight trysts in the sauna in Brooklyn bethel.....

if anyone can provide more detail i would be grateful!!!!

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

additional witch hunt info can be found
    at your local li(berry) under the
    subject "Salem"

• messenger
    messenger

I understand about 25-30 were involved. It seems one brother became a masseuse and began offering his services to his friends. One thing lead to another and soon with a few of the boys they were getting more than a massage. When someone's conscience got to them they confessed and then the witch hunt began. Everyone who ever got a massage got expelled even if nothing ever happened. They were victims of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I guess the "two witness" rule must have been ignored by Bro Knorr who said "kick them out." It seems Bethel justice does not always follow bible principles.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Tellie,

It's li(brary).... so much for the excelling value of a Theocratic education.

Have a nice day.

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

thnx messenger!!

anyone round now, that was there at the time?

how did the guys involved react, any support offered or just the big bash?

• Atreyu
    Atreyu

I can remember that WTS some years back wrote in an article or book that "scratching someone's back may lead to homosexuality". May be the Bethel sauna incident was the reason for this odd warning?

• LDH
    LDH

No, somebody please--tell me NYT didn't actually spell LIBRARY as LIBERRY.

OHMYGAWD that is too funny.

It would be bad enough to speak to this ignorant twit and hear him pronouce it 'liberry'---but please somebody tell me he didn't SPELL it that way!?!?!??!

Ah, well, these urban YOOTS and their Ebonics.....

Next, he'll want to ax you something. ROTFLMAO.

Lisa
    Library Class

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

LDH

What you talkin about?

P.S. You emailed me on the 8th and
    I am awaiting your reply.

BB

• ballistic
    ballistic

at my judicial commitee, the elder started off with "well this isn't a witch trial or anything.. but"
    Is this some kind of disclaimer they now use before they launch into a witch trial?

• Eric
    Eric

I think that anyone who places their spelling mistake in brackets likely did it on purpose.

As to what purpose, we would have to ask Nytelecom.

Eric

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit