Ignorance of Silent Lambies

by proplog2 57 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

What a bunch of wall paper. 99% of the people on this forum are hopelessly believers in one sided non-sense.

I am tired of the abusive language that has been dumped on me by otherwise respectable participants. It is assumed that if you aren't for the Silent Lambs cause then you are automatically and advocate of child molestation. In fact not a few in this forum have called me a child molester. What utter stupidity.

I challenge all of you to check out the following links.

There is another side to this whole issue. Don't be a knee-jerk follower.

http://www.ipt-forensics.com/journal/volume4/j4_3_4.htm

http://faculty.washington.edu/eloftus/Articles/psytoday.htm

http://www.ipt-forensics.com/journal/volume3/j3_2_3.htm

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

That does sound mighty unfair on you. No one I'm sure is accusing you of advocating it simply because you choose to investigate both sides. I am a silent lamb myself and I am not offended if you don't believe my story. Or any of the others on the website. But ignorance is not an excuse. As I'm sure you're well aware. I just hope you're not an advocate of 'False Memory Syndrome'. Someone affected by molestation, cannot over the years, hide how it affects them. So it is a slow process of eliminating these troublemakers and not just throwing us all in the same boat as liars. Not that I'm saying you've done this, but this is addressed to anyone who is unsympathetic to a child's suffering. I should know, I have a dozen in my family and half of them are jw's!!!!!!!!!!!

I will check out the links you've provided, as I like to be well educated. Perhaps I'll let you know what I think.

Please don't feel that anyone is against you. And if they are, well don't worry about their opinions, as they don't worry about yours. That's what I've learnt. Slower learner but I managed.

Violet

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

"What a bunch of wall paper. 99% of the people on this forum are hopelessly believers in one sided non-sense."

An interesting percentage you quote as it is very close to the actual amount of child molestation charges that are true when offered. It seems you are passionate in your efforts to protect the 3-4% that might actually be falsely accused. Perhaps you could start a support group and call it "silentwolves." I am sure none of the 96% would never come to your group and lie about what they did especially since you seem to be such a excellent judge of right and wrong and would have everything completely verified with records to share with anyone that asked you for proof.

With your devotion to this group is understandable to see why some have questioned your motives.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Violet:

I hope those who caused you harm have either reformed or have been punished.

You seem to have come to grips with your experience.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Sex offenders do not get reformed. They have a sickness. THey will always be dangerous. Learn this.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Bill Bowen:

What a vindictive ass you are. How dare you suggest - like your cohorts that I am probably a molester. Good to see you come out of your miserable hole to take another bite.

To everyone:

Here you see the leader of this malicious movement suggesting by innuendo that the unfair remarks of others in this forum have some sort of factual basis.

READ MY LINKS BILL.

Most here will not read the links. Heaven forbid that they might be exposed to another side of this issue.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Naeblis:

Your statement is just another hypothesis that cannot be established by facts. It is part of the mythology that surrounds this emotionally laden issue.

• larc
    larc

proplog,

I applaud you for bringing these references to our attention. While it is critical that we as a society, do all we can to rid ourselves of child molestation, it is also important that innocent men are not destroyed by false accusations. In our "witch hunt" for the guilty, we should not destroy the innocent. The matter of finding the truth in any particular case is very difficult, and we should bring all we can, as a society, to solve this major problem.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

The facts are that almost all sex offenders repeat their offences. I would rather err on the side of caution when it comes to children. In my opinion, anyone that sexually abuses a child does not deserve the right to ever be trusted with children again.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

proplog2; Well, if you are trying to establish your credability by making clearly inflated statements (99% etc.), then you have a strange way of doing it.

Also, your obvious anger does you no good what-so-ever, as it also diminishes the impact of your message.

And now I suppose it's other peoples' fault that you don't have enough self control to get your message over in a calm and credable manner?

Really.

What are you trying to say? That most people charged with sexual abuse of children are innocent? I've read your links. They contain nothing new; false memory syndrome is a known problem, alleged pedophiles are social pariahs, and defending them is considered questionable by some people.

But you are implying that the trial process is faulty and that innocent people often go to jail. Now, the American legal system is not a great one; since they started judicial killings, more people have had their convictions for which they receieved the death penalty OVERTURNED (i.e., they didn't do it) than have actually been executed.

But there are statistics for that, proof. All you have are articles that say that x amount of allegations are false. They don;t say that these allegations have resulted in x amount of people being sent to jail for crimes they did not commit.

Sadly, there are probably people who have been falsely convicted of pedophilia. Why not concentrate on their cases, if you are such a champion of justice? The way you are doing it casts doubts on ALL the victims, rather than highlighting a particular miscarriage of justice.

Basically, you may have a point, but you are presenting it in a very unthought-out, aggressive, alienating fashion, and thus not receiving a hearing, for which YOU are responsible. You are also implicitly attacking, by the statistics, the 40-95% of the people who make truthful allegations of abuse, who are not deserving of your anger.

So, if you want respect and a listening ear, make your case better.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit