CO visit last Tuesday- Platform announcement

by DeeDubs 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

it's not like the R&F haven't got enough to do providing for their families without having this rammed down their throats, they really are inconsiderate pushing this and completely detached from reality, you could get every single publisher in the UK pioneering it wouldn't make the slightest difference.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

So ........

If I go on holiday in April with my JW rellies .........

they are going bugger off and annoy their locals ..........

and leave me to enjoy some peace and quiet????

Sounds good to me.

Cheers

Chris

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Im not glad to be Df'd because I miss my family and friends...in the context of I dont have to worry about handing in a application. I am working towards reinstatement.

I hope that you can successfully regain your family. However, the sooner you can build a life outside of WT, the sooner you can enjoy true freedom of mind. Your relationships within the WT will always be always be conditional on your obedience to WT dogma, even when your core values conflict with their commands.

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember the pre-1975 days hearing this from the CO. There were more regular and vacation pioneers then even in the days of 100 hours/month. The congregations would compete with each other to see who had the most and boast that all the servants had signed up.

• freetosee
    freetosee

The CO is just following the instruction he gets from the society. The more people he can "encourage" to pioneer the better it is for his record! That's his main job! Make them do more!!! Very Service Talk can be titeled "DO MORE!"

• minimus
    minimus

Everett Rodrigues was our CO when he mandated that every elder, MS and hopefully their families would pioneer when he visited. He strongarmed every elder and MS but me. Eff him, I thought!

• cult classic
    cult classic

I remember well the pressure for the appointed men and their families to pioneer during the "memorial season". In our last congregation the service overseer read the names of all the publishers who were pioneering for the month. Then he read the names of the elders/ms and their families who had signed up. We were the only family ("appointed") who hadn't signed up.

It was a very liberating feeling. We exited 3 months later.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I just threw up in my mouth a little...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Problem is, they are using the 30 hours to institute mandatory pio-sneering. They want 100% of the congregation pio-sneering (except those who have been reinstated or reproved within the past 12 months and unbaptized publishers). Then, there will be pressure when you get your pio-sneer form to sign up for the 50 hour requirement instead of the 30. They will grudgingly accept the 30, but they would rather you do the 50.

They can take their pio-sneering, at 30 hours or 50 (or 200) and shove it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great experience CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit