What's up with the rings on the right hand?

by drewcoul 28 Replies latest jw friends

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

LOL......On a side note.....Dan, have you checked your PM's?

• laverite
    laverite

Bro. Dan. We are helpless and weak when it comes to Sister YKnot. I blame her.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I don't think there's anything dark or occultic about it. And I don't believe they are secretively Masons. If I hadn't told the funeral director to bury my Dad with his wedding ring, I would probably be wearing it right now.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

LOL......Yes, it is her seductive nature. What is a man to do?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

No, I hadn't checked in quite a while. I'll check now.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

It doesn't apply to men, but in my youth when hot sisters wore a ring in their right ring finger it meant that they were already reserved or had chosen at that time to pursue a life without marriage. It made the distric convention games so much easier with these symbols.

CP

• pirata
    pirata

From Wikipedia:

Spouses wear the wedding ring on the left hand in countries like France, Ireland, United Kingdom, Sweden, Italy, Slovenia, Brasil, Egypt, Mexico, USA, and Canada.

However, in the Eastern Orthodox Church and in many countries, spouses wear the ring on the right hand, e.g. in Austria, Germany, Greece, Poland, Norway, Spain, India, Chile and Venezuela.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Drew, for a couple hundred dollars you can dig him up and retrieve the ring..not to be gorey, but my dad did that with my Mom's rings. He was afraid they would do it before him and steal the rings..

And as far as a guy wearing a ring on the left hand..that's the best finger left if the right is taken with a wedding ring.

I don't see anything unusual about it. Also some older photos made it look like the ring was on the left in a picture when it is really on the right..my camera phone does that.

Snoozy..

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Snoozy, I never thought of digging my dad up! I think I'll let him RIP.

I know it's not completely unusual to see a man wear a ring on the right hand, however, I don't know more than several who do. It just seems like a high percentage of JW higher ups wearing them versus the rest of JW's or the general public.

As far as the image being reversed, that would mean Jaracz is wearing one on his right and not on his left. Too bad J.R. Brown isn't in the picture and we could reference his bad eye and know if it was a reverse image or not......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit