What's up with the rings on the right hand?

by drewcoul 28 Replies latest jw friends

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I noticed two of these guys (Losch, and the one to h is left) both have rings on their right hand ring finger. I have known several CO's and DO's to wear rings on their right hand.....David Biegler I think wore one.

I don't find many R&F Male JW's or average "worldly" men wearing rings on their right hand. Does anyone know why so many of the higher-ups in the org. do this?

Just wondering.

• undercover
    undercover

Cue the Masonic conspiracy nuts buffs...

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

LOL!!! UC, That's NOT what I was trying to do......But I'm sure they will have something to say about it....

• Violia
    Violia

They are married to the Borg.

• beksbks
    beksbks

In brief, Masonic rings are the rings by ‘Free Mason’ followers or believers. Worn on the right hand, many famous celebrities and visionaries wear Masonic Rings ranging from Mozart to Obama.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I never noticed that! Nice catch, drew!

Here is what ehow.com says on the subject:

Wearing your wedding ring on your left ring finger stems from an old belief that it contained a vein that connected to the heart, an edict that England's King Edward VI made official during the 16th century. But there are people today who choose to wear it on their right hand.

Widowhood

1. Widows sometimes transfer their rings to the right to signify their status, or when they aren't ready to stop wearing it.
    2. Culture

3. Poland, Colombia, Greece and India are among the cultures who follow the tradition of placing the wedding band on the right hand.
    4. Left-Handedness

5. Left-handed people may prefer putting the ring on their non-dominant hand because the ring will sustain less wear and tear.
    6. Sentimentality

7. Wedding rings that are family heirlooms are worn on the right to show that they have sentimental value.
    8. Infidelity

9. Some people believe a spouse will switch their band to their right hand as a code that means they are open to cheating on their mate.
    10. Gays and Lesbians

11. Some gay and lesbian couples wear wedding rings on their right hands to show their sexual orientation.

Read more: Why Do People Wear a Wedding Ring on the Right Hand? | eHow.comhttp://www.ehow.com/facts_5150243_do-wedding-ring-right-hand_.html#ixzz1BzCUUZrJ

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Wearing a ring on my right hand instead of the left reassures all the hot women that I'm unmarried, and available for action.

W

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

BD, I don't think these are wedding rings. In other pictures, they have two rings on, one on the left, and one on the right.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Really? Then maybe one is for the wife and the other for the organization? I could see Losche wearing the ring on the right hand because he is European. But Splane is not. He is born and bred American.

The Masonic thing does sound interesting. I have a hard time believing it though. I don't think they care about those orgs.

• yknot
    yknot

high school/college rings are worn on right hand...... Losch and Splane are both GGs (41st and 42nd respectively)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit