Where Is Nickolas and SweetBabyCheezits ???????

by wasblind 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I didn't mean to leave anyone out,

I know you didn't, dear Wuz (the greatest of love and peace go you, dear one!). I was the one being "mean" (albeit, trying to be funny... apparently not!). My apologies... to you, dear tec (peace to you, my sister!)... and dear NVL (where the heck are ya and peace to you, too!). Sometimes we really should refrain on the Internet, as typed words don't always come across as intended. Again, sorry!

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,

SA

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

ML, I wish I was being productive. I just pour my time into new sinks. Looking for my 2011 ambition still.

Nothing really to report on our post-JW homefront. We've softened up a bit and now allow my parents to see the kids. In turn, my mom actually talks to me on the phone to make plans to see them and, while we don't make small talk, she doesn't restrict herself to a monotone anymore. But if I ask questions about their health or how my brother's family is doing, the reply is very succinct... maybe a sentence or two. Still, it's progress.

I swallowed my pride when I realized my parents are almost in their 70s and they gave up the will to think for themselves when they were kids. If I look at it like a disease of the mind, it helps. It's just not possible for them to be empathetic with me but I can be empathetic with them.

So that's about it! Boring, I know.

WB, thanks again for the thoughtfulness. If anything exciting happens in post-JW-land for us, I'll drop back in. Otherwise, I'll mostly just lurk here and there to see what sassyness you come up with next.

• tec
    tec

Shelby, I knew you were being funny, so no worries of course. Unfortunately, NVL has been banned. I think he could return if he apologized for 'whatever it was?', but if he did not believe he was wrong, well.. can you picture this man apologizing? :P I will relay your wish of peace the next time I hear from him though, if you like.

I swallowed my pride when I realized my parents are almost in their 70s and they gave up the will to think for themselves when they were kids. If I look at it like a disease of the mind, it helps. It's just not possible for them to be empathetic with me but I can be empathetic with them.

I love this about you. (and so not boring!!!)

Thank you for the update, SBC.

Tammy

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

SBC, post more on FB!

• AGuest
    AGuest
    NVL has been banned.

Ahhh, now it all makes sense, dear tec (peace!) - LOLOLOLOLOL! And no, I can't see him apologizing... yet. But one should never say never, right? Please do say "hello" if you hear from him!

I swallowed my pride when I realized my parents are almost in their 70s and they gave up the will to think for themselves when they were kids.

GOOD for you, dear SBC (peace to you, as well!). Can you imagine having to change not part but your entire paradigm at that age? That would be quite a brave thing to do... and not sure many minds could survive it.

Again, peace to you both!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there Shelby

I didn't think you were mean at all, I knew you were jokin'

SBC, I'm so glad that things are warming up for you and your

parents, that's a pleasure to hear, now you go on with your

good lookin' self and enjoy your family

• unshackled
    unshackled

Stumbled across this looking for an old Nickolas thread. Bumping for two reasons...

One...agreed the board is that much more interesting with Cheez and Nickolas around. But I can see what Cheez is up to on Facebook, but not so with Nickolas. He is one of my favorite posters and think his presence would help a certain 60+ page thread that's going nowhere. Hopefully he'll grace us with his presence again.

Second reason was to bring attention to this little nugget by Cheez for anyone else that might find it enlightening or helpful:

For myself this is one of the things I've struggled to come to terms with. I've had very little contact with my JW parents for about 5 years now, but as they are approaching their 70s too, I wonder how much time they (and myself) have left. Pretty sure I'll have regrets if "that" phone call comes tomorrow that one of them has passed.

Swallowing your pride is almost always great advice, but in this case, it may be paramount. Also, to realize that there is really nothing you can do to change them, but you can control the person you are. After all, that's all that really matters.

And I'm stealing this idea: "If I look at it like a disease of the mind, it helps." (Cheez was way ahead of the GB on that "mentally diseased" thing)

• tec
    tec

Good bump. I miss Nickolas too, and I hope that all is going well with him and his wife. SBC too. I was thinking about him the other day.

Peace,

Tammy

• unshackled
    unshackled

Hi Tammy...I have a feeling we'll see Nickolas drop by again. But who knows, maybe he got what he needed from here. From what I know, Cheez and the family are well. Moving forward with their plan to move to Colorado.

Also...you have a PM.

• tec
    tec

And now you do as well :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit