Do you have any Spinach recipes that you like?

by Iamallcool 18 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

marking for later.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Spanakopita

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/spanakopita-greek-spinach-pie/Detail.aspx

Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie)

By: SILVERWOLF "This is an authentic, really rich pie stuffed with spinach, onions, cheeses and herbs that are all enfolded by crispy, flaky phyllo dough."

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I love the spanakpita! My daughter makes it for me sometimes..Come to think of it she owes me some

Myself I just drizzel olive oil in a pan and chop up garlic and onion , saute it and add baby spinach.heat till wilted..yummy!

Snoozy

• joeblow
    joeblow

My partner makes a steamed chopped spinach that I absolutely love (it's a favorite from the coutnry she grew up in). She chops it really fine, rinses it, and then sets it in cold water for a few minutes, drains the water and drops it all into a hot pot with some butter and salt... it sizzles and steams away for a few minutes (only a couple) and is served immediately... usually with fish. Oh, and it has to be fresh picked spinach... the one with the huge thick leaves, not the baby spinach that the supermarkets always have.

It's simple, but tastes great... especially with the fresh fish.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Why yes I do, wait, I thought you said, "spanish relatives." Sorry, none.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Sautee mushrooms and garlic in olive oil in a big pan, throw in a bunch of handfuls of baby spinach, salt and pepper to taste, and toss around and turn off the heat. The spinach wilts and you have a great side veggie.

Spinach salad--this one is a must make.

bag of baby spinach

2 can mandarin oranges drained

sliced white mushrooms

1 can salted cashews

dressing:

1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 c. oil, 1/4 c cider vinegar, 1T onion powder or minced onion, 1/4 t. worchestershire sauce, 1T sesame seed and 1 t. paprika.

The combo of salty and sweet and sour makes this salad very memorable. You can do strawberries and almonds too if you like also.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Take a can of spinach, squeeze it in your hand until the top pops off and the greens squirt out. Catch them in your mouth. Delicious and you get a great burst of strength.

rofl! I keep coming back to this forum just for your jokes.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Olive Oil, my dear! Seen Bluto lately? I am keeping a can handy....in case you need help.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Wilted spinach salad with bacon and hard boiled egg...

Delicious!

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit