Got myself some Clabber Girl...Mmm..."heaven" isn't far off now

by laverite 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Did someone say baking?! I love to bake. Lav what did you and the kiddos bake?

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Ah, your the best laverite. Spending a day baking with your kids is so sweet. I love to bake and sometimes when I had my neice over I would make something just so she could help. She'd be standing on a chair with a big spoon trying to stir everything. Then she'd go home and would start begging to help cook at her house.

NLW's wife

• undercover
    undercover

I've avoided this thread for awhile because I didn't really want to know what a "Clabber Girl" was. But curiousity got the best of me and imagine my dissapointment when I saw that this thread is about cooking/baking...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Clabber Girl Baking Powder - is there any other?

Syl

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

But curiousity got the best of me and imagine my dissapointment when I saw that this thread is about cooking/baking...

lol, poor puppy. Here's a titilating baking pic for ya :

• laverite
    laverite

Mrs. Jones you are so funny! Thanks, everyone, for the replies. I didn't think a baking thread would get this many! We baked up a storm, and made things with the baking soda I referred to, but somethings called for baking powder, so it was quite a day.

We made biscuits first thing, and a nice brunch. Yum! We not only baked but we cooked, too. We made chicken and dumplings which I divide up and store in portions.

Gotta cook ahead of time when I can and freeze stuff up. That way, we can keep on having good home cooked foods, even when we have busy days with little time for home cooking.

We made oatmeal cookies and cinnamon sugar cookies. We went out and picked an orange from the tree and made orange raisin muffins (for freezing). I also made up a bunch of homemade pancakes and waffles which I freeze up for use in the mornings.

So much better than buying all kinds of PROCESSED stuff at the store!

• laverite
    laverite

Even gay superheroes want their children to eat well and be well-fed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit