The futility keeps getting brighter and brighter

by munchausen 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• foodalls
    foodalls

ITS CALLED "PUMP-and-DUMP"...Only Bass Ackwards...Dump and Pump...see ya first place the mags "Sneaky like" (Dump!)...thin yer runoff and put on yer service report the you actually place them (Pump)....GET IT? Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehhaahahhaahaa!!!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Josie,

when the sister was havin' a study with me, she told me

that they were so organized that everything was divided up

so a householder would not have two visits in one day, I have

had two visits in one day before, they were both from people

in the cong I used to attend, people who I had become very

friendly with. And they came within and hour of each other.

that was last fall when I had two in one day.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes foodalls,

their pumpin' and dumpin' alright

I thought I was done with them when

they asked me did I still believe it was the truth

I told them NO. But they don't care their just markin' time

won't make it to paradise without that field service report.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I can really sympathise with jgnat's husband over this. I know exactly how he feels. In my case it was only the fact that I was leading the group that made me have to go. Otherwise I would have never made it to the K Hall on weekend mornings.

One day the breakthrough comes, though. Something happens, something momentous enough to shake you to the core and you finally wake up and see with your eyes for the very first time. Then you have the courage the "think the unthinkable" and suddenly it all makes sense . You know why there are so many questions and contradictions, it is because it is just not true...none of it. It is just another religion, the product of men and you don't have to follow it . It is just not true (repeat over again all morning!)

• foodalls
    foodalls

Yeah! I remember all the "Sneaky" things we used to do in there!...But WHUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEE I'm I glad to be "OUTA THERE"!!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

From 1999 to 2009 what has expanded during this time frame ?

The inter-net (age of information )

Think about how many (interested) ones come to this forum asking questions about the JW religion.

The whole pertaining scope about this religion has changed in the minds of the greater populous.

All in a short time frame of only 10 to 15 years.

People do not want to avail themselves to exploitation by a devious coercive religious publishing house

built on pretentious lying and ignorance.

People are getting smarter day by day year by year.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Thetrueone points to the Internet as a reason for the decline in Bible studies and baptisms. That has had a tremendous impact. But the greatest growth that Jehovah's Witnesses are seeing is in lands where the Internet does not have much saturation. It would be a big mistake to think that the WTS is in serious decline worldwide. That may be true in industrialized countries where access to the Internet isn't difficult and digital devices like computers and cellphones are easily accessible. That is not the case in many other countries, and I expect to see the WTS continue to post good gains there.

We don't want to take an American or Canadian point of view on this question, assuming that what is happening in those countries reflects the worldwide picture. That is a consistent error the WTS makes in constructing its own narrow worldview. The WTS may be seeing stagnation or contraction in some countries, but that certainly is not the case everywhere. The Internet is having an impact, but that impact is not as great as some posters here want to believe.

If the WTS eventually collapses, I am sure the Internet will have played a significant role in its demise. But we cannot even assume the WTS is doomed. I'm sure that 500 years ago, Martin Luther and other dissidents hoped that the printing press would eventually lead to the demise of the Roman Catholic Church. After all, the new invention of moveable type got their message spread much faster and farther than they ever dared to hope. The Church was on the run, and its influence and power suffered. Yet it survived, and today is still strong. It has outlasted dictators, social movements, and internal convulsions and claims more than one billion commuinicants today. Who is to say that the WTS won't do likewise?

Instead of hoping for the collapse of the WTS, let us instead rejoice in our own escape, and help as many people as we can get out. Many of us bear ill will toward the WTS and for good reasons. But we musn't let that turn us bitter. Let us remember our Lord's command to love our enemies and pray for those who have done evil to us. Perhaps they will come to their senses and leave of their own accord. As for us, we can do more good by assisting those Jehovah's Witnesses who want to do what is right.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" As for us, we can do more good by assisting those Jehovah's Witnesses who want to do what is right "

Welcome Quendi,

I take it from reading your post that you are all for helping JW's out of this cult,

I didn't quite understand the last sentence what a JW may consider the right move,

may not be what I would consider. The average JW would consider being part of this

organization the right move, of course I would not.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Washblind,

First, thank you for your welcome. I am very happy to have found this website and to be able to contribute something positive to the discussions. Like you, I believe the right thing for any JW to do is to leave. But this is something they have to want to do, and not feel pressured into doing. That is what I meant by my last sentence, although I may not have worded it too well.

If we know someone who wants to leave, then by all means we should give them as much love and support as possible. I believe that means standing by them especially if they are neglected, abandoned, or shunned. As we know, many JWs know very few people outside the organization, and have not developed close relationships and friendships with outsiders. I think we can affirm their decision to leave if we give them that vital emotional support of our friendship until they are ready to do so on their own.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you Quendi,

for making the last sentence clear, and BTW I think you are an excellent writer

I wish I could write as well as you, I just didn't know how to read into the last remark

and again welcome aboard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit