No license for Tyson

by Patriot 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Someone is going to have to be matched against our Lennox Lewis. Can't see the Yanks being too happy about a Brit being World Heavyweight Champion!

Englishman.

Hey! Now you are an outie, you can dance too!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Can we lend you Rolf Harris? He'd make you yawn into submission!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Scorpion,

YOU SAID IT HE IS 'SCUM ON A POND, SNAKE IN THE GRASS AND A LOW DOWN ROTTEN SCOUNDREL.
    He might be a millionaire, but he's a thug and a lowlife
    Good. Tyson is a bottom dweller.
    These are clearly statements of opinion, rather than facts.

It's a shame that many here attack a person who already is the subject of a media assault. My JW experiences taught me not to buy into everything I read. Apparently, others here have yet to learn that lesson.

BTW, the fight will go on. Las Vegas is the real loser, because this fight is likely to be the biggest purse in boxing history.

• aTHINKING1
    aTHINKING1

i think tyson should get into the ring with hannibal lecter...i'd pay to see that!!

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

144000-and-witless,

It is not what I have read about Tyson that I cast an opinion of the Neanderthal, Actually, I have read very little about him. It is the way he has carried himself in public and on TV that I arrive at my opinion of the jerk. You have assumed a source that you believe an opinion was drawn from me and that can be a dangerous thing. Think before you post.

Scorpion

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Scorpion,

144000-and-witless
    Weak and childish insults do not advance your argument, and they illustrate an apparent lack of maturity. Maybe you should follow your own advice, "think before you post."

You have assumed a source that you believe an opinion was drawn from me and that can be a dangerous thing.
    The quoted sentence is unintelligible, so I'm not sure what point you were trying to make. The only assumption I've made is that you and the others who posted derogatory comments about Mike Tyson have never met Mr. Tyson in person, and, accordingly, you have formed your opinions based solely on media coverage. You have corroborated the validity of that assumption with the following statement:

It is the way he has carried himself in public and on TV that I arrive at my opinion of the jerk.
    In another thread, you made the following statements:

Freedom starts when one uses the mind that God gave them. . . . [I]t is good to double check all the information put out in the Revealer just as it would be good for every Jehovah's Witness to double check all that they are told to believe as truth by the Watchtower.
    The Watchtower is not the only publication and/or media that should be questioned. Media organizations have been known to slant the facts and show 10-second out-of-context soundbites to advance their agendas. You should extend your well-founded suspicions concerning the veracity of the Watchtower to all media sources. The lesson I got from my years of forced childhood servitude to the WTBTS was to question all authority.

Mike Tyson may very well be an even greater jerk than the media portrays him to be. Nevertheless, I would postpone making judgments about the character of other human beings until you have all the facts.

Finally, I will not communicate with you further if you continue to utilize personal insults and attacks in your communications. I'll extend the same courtesy to you as I do to Mike Tyson; I'll avoid making judgments about your character based soley on the conduct you've exhibited in this thread, and assume instead that such conduct is merely indicative of a hasty (but human) reaction to my previous posts.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

144000_and_,

I stand by what I said about Tyson. He carries himself poorly in front of the entire world and his actions speak for themselves.

The media has nothing to do with portraying Tyson for the way he acts in the ring and on TV. They just point the camara and Tyson does the rest. You excuse bad behavior and blame the media for Tysons tantrums.

Hopefully this is easy enough for you to understand.

Scorpion

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Scorpion,

You excuse bad behavior and blame the media for Tysons tantrums.
    I thought this discussion was over, but apparently you want to keep it alive by making false accusations. A review of my posts in this thread will clearly reveal that I have never attempted to excuse Mr. Tyson's public behavior, and I've never blamed it on the media either. Why have you chosen to mischaracterize my statements?

The only point I've been trying to make is that we should not judge someone's character unless we are confident that we have all the facts necessary to make such a judgment. It is my opinion that there are insufficient facts available to the public to make such a judgment. It appears that you believe you can judge someone's character based solely on media coverage. We won't agree on this, so there is no need to discuss it further.

Hopefully this is easy enough for you to understand.
    What I understand is that personal insults, mischaracterization of other's statements, and an apparent egotistic attitude won't help you win debates, but it certainly does shed light on the nature of your personality.

The conduct you've exhibited in this thread reminds me of the conduct of JWs I was forced to associate with as a child. Good day, Scorpion.

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

Lennox Lewis is a fighter, and Mike Tyson's a biter

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Please excuse me if I have mischaracterized you. It appeared that you were defending Tyson's actions, or at least excusing them.

Tyson's charater IMO is one that is questionable. Tyson bit the ear of Hollyfield when Tyson was losing the fight. He lost his composure as a professional and brought another point of contempt to the sport of boxing by his actions not only in that fight, but on several other occasions while fighting and outside the ring.
    He was accused and convicted of rape.
    He was abusive to his ex-wife.
    He cannot control his temper and uses language that is not appropriate for television when younger viewers are present.

You said that there were insufficient facts available to the public to make such a judgement, as far the things said about Tyson in this topic. I disagree!

Tyson's behavior in and out of the ring is dispicable and questionable to say the least.

Oh ya, did I mention that I used to box in Sacramento California with the Senior Amateur's who were turning pro. Someone who conducted themselves like Tyson has, would have been thrown out of the gym PHYSICALLY and not allowed to return. By his actions he gives boxing a new name, CIRCUS. The sport loses any sense of respectability with actions like the ones Tyson displays. Good day 14400_and_0ne.

Scorpion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit