How long did it take until you had that 'light bulb' moment?

by Crash Override 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Way too late for me. I was a MS and in my early 30s. Bunch of wasted timed, but at least the light bulb moment happened. Once it happened, my lifelong faith in the Society quickly plummeted, so fast that within the first few months of the rift I already realized my JW identity was lost forever.

• foodalls
    foodalls

For me it was at the last meeting I had wiith the elders over the "Pediphile" problem that I never got a satifactory answer to...then they attacked ME over bringing it up??? Especially when I brought up how my Ex-wife and her sister were victoms of it!?...I had just started reading brother Franz's book "Crisis of Concsience" and that help finish me off.....I WAS GONE IN A HEART-BEEP!

• SEL
    SEL

I've been reading this forum for a while but have never posted. A question for you guys: Is it possible to get somebody to have that lightbulb moment?

We're talking about a person raised in the religion, disfellowshipped for fornication, then reinstated more than a good decade later. Now the person is trying to be as good of a Witness as possible as far as going to meetings and going door-to-door, studying beforehand, etc. Person is also becoming pretty popular and getting "love-bombed" like Steve Hassan described in his book.

I can't begin to reason with this person, who is completely convinced that people deserve to be shunned when they are disfellowshipped as "Jehovah's discipline". Not a bit disturbed by the Society's flip-flopping on certain issues, has no interest whatsoever in the activities of the Governing Body.

For those of you who decided to leave the organization, how religious were you? Did you always have doubts or were you once a sincere Witness like the person described above?

I am not particularly religious, not raised JW. Person so far has no plans of cutting down on contact with me, also is good friends with another person who left the organization. Good sign? Painfully optimistic?

• Medina
    Medina

I always was a little Apostate since birth, also in my teens, but I never allowed myself to have questions witouth awnsers, so I ''forgot'' the questions, and moved on in my Theocratic Career.

Once I reached the age of 19 (Last year) I was allowing myself to have questions, and allow myself to critisize, that was the moment I allowed myself to look at ''apostate'' websites, and the rest is history.

I am not DA or DF, but I am faded, I quit cold turkey, and never heard from anyone anymore, except my parents, by whom I still live.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Not until 10 years after I left!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit