What were the brothers obsession with 'The Big A' ? They wanted it so badly (and still do)

by Joliette 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm not so sure that unpredicted bad news is detrimental to fundamentalists. My (JW) husband has shown remarkable flexibility of mind to incorporate any disaster as confirmation. I think fear-based media bolsters fundamentalists of all kinds; including Muslim fundamentalists.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOLIETTE:

I think there are several reasons they want Armageddon so badly. One poster here said something about some of them lacking ambition and the cop-out is that they want to be told what to do. Some never got higher education or careers. They were on the fringes of the workforce and didn't make much money. Of course, they will say they were 'putting the kingdom first' but I am not so sure in some cases. Some of them just plain did not want to BE in the workforce for whatever excuse. So, therefore some of these people are waiting for Armageddon to come and save them from the predicament they are in.

In other cases, it has to do with the desire to be proved 'right' and to see their ridiculers destroyed and also there is the desire to be in 'power' or be 'on top'.

These are all very un-spiritual, un-charitable and ignoble reasons for wanting Armageddon to come, in my opinion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LongHairGal - "These are all very un-spiritual, un-charitable and ignoble reasons for wanting Armageddon to come, in my opinion."

Persecution complexes are like cigarettes; bad for you.

• d
    d

I remeber being told in 2001 and 2002 and 2003 how this world was soon to erupt in chaos.I was like times were scary in the early 2000's for a witnes like myself who was in his early teens.I remeber the hype after 9/11 and the hype after the anthrax incidents and the hype with the failing economy in 2008.Now I realize all that fear mongering, was an element of control.Armageddon is in their heads therefore it will never happen.

• Ding
    Ding

Even though many JWs fear they won't "prove worthy" to make it, they still want Armageddon to come so they can get it over with one way or the other.

They're tired, really tired, of the constant meetings and the never-ending treadmill of field service and report forms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit