What were the brothers obsession with 'The Big A' ? They wanted it so badly (and still do)

by Joliette 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joliette
    Joliette

I've been doing research for about a year, (OMG All the things that I'm finding out) and one of the biggest (and even most funny) things that I've found, is that the brothers seemed to really want armeggdon to happen. Why is this?? They got it wrong in 1914, 1925, 1941, 1942, then in 1975, they said it was going to end. Was life that bad back then. I know politically, social wise, a lot of things were happening. Women were getting rights, miniorities, etc. But there were a lot of wars, civil unrest, the entertainment and music industry was changing, more technology advancements, etc. What was the deal with the whole, 'its gonna be over' thing. Dont go to college, dont think about having children, its gonna be over, cause this world is so bad. Its coming to an end.

Its right around the corner! I know that life can get bad, but how is the big A gonna make things better? By killing everyone? I was trying to explain to my cousin, that I'm about 95% sure that CANNOT happen, from a sciencfic standpoint, it cant happen. I dont want to think about cleaning up dead bodies. Or birds or lions eating them.

• designs
    designs

Like all Cults they need an impetus to hook people and appeal to some emotional yearning. Armageddon, Hell fire, God's Love, its all cleverly couched in some type of special surroundings such as 'you are now the true light believer' or 'God has chosen you to understand and not others'. Its hooked Billions.

Read the NT to find the source of the propaganda.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah, my mother used to say to me, 'if you dont get baptized, your gonna die.' And I was like 14. What a horrible thing to say to a teenager, especially in the bloom of youth. Making them feel that pressure like that. But then, they said, get baptized because you really love Jehovah. I found it hard to love a God that was gonna kill everyone. Doesnt sound like a God that I wanted to worship.

My study used to say to me, that our minds can't comprehend it. Growing to perfection. The whole 'Big A' thing. Our children not living through it, because they refused to except what Jehovah said. Its just mind control at its finest.

• alanv
    alanv

I think you have to remember that as JWs we were indoctrinated. Over and over again we heard abpot the wonderful paradise earth. Very little is said about the actual big A. Many JWs are the sort of people that like to be told what to do. They have very little ambition. I can see now why I was attracted to them. It was a cop out. You did not have to worry about the future, as God would sort it all out for me.(sigh)

• Joliette
    Joliette

Alan, very true. Why do people ignore science. I do believe in God, but science plays a large part in things, and people seem to ignore it.

• heathen
    heathen

If I were part of a cult that everyone in the world hated especially the governments since they refuse political involvement , I think I'd feel the same way. They do feel they are doing everything possible to save lives not just sitting around talking about death and mayhem .

• Joliette
    Joliette

^^ I agree.

• Ding
    Ding

JWs are looking forward to a paradise earth, and they see Armageddon as Jehovah's way of ridding the world of this wicked, old system and ushering in this paradise.

Ironically, as much as JWs are looking forward to Armageddon, many of them are terrified of Armageddon because they are fearful that Jehovah won't deem them worthy of surviving it. This is why when a JW says that they believe salvation is not of works, they aren't being truthful. The WTS has convinced them that if they haven't "exercised" faith well enough (especially via field service and meeting attendance and FDS rule keeping, i.e. WORKS), they won't make it.

• man in black
    man in black

Many JWs are the sort of people that like to be told what to do.

AlanV you hit the nail on the head !

I'd say about 95% of all witnesses I ever met fell into this category. Most of the ones who developed their own normal mentality, and ambition have left this

religion and grown in their lives. Several of them are even on this site. .

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Why was the WTS so obsessed with Armageddon.

Obsessed to a point that if they plastered their magazines with this information that it help in the circulation of their literature..

They already established that there was a great body of the population that believed

in the bible, all they has to do is extrapolate certain scriptures such as the rapture was about to take place and Christ returned

to judge who was going to live and who was going to die. That grabbed the publics attention enough toward manipulating people

into their control. Call it an obsession with a underlining direct intension.

Some of those manipulated were used in their manufacturing printing plants as indentured working slaves.

Power and money becomes useless if you don't take pursuing actions to hold on to it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit