Looking for online tv/movie streaming like netflix, etc.

by mamalove 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• mamalove
    mamalove

I have a sub to Netflix, but I think it is a rip off. They raised their prices and I am in the market to find some kind of website with a reasonable fee charged to view movies or tv shows only. I don't need the DVD rental anymore. I rarely use it. Any ideas? If there is nothing out there, I guess I will stick with Netflix, but my kids are the ones who use it the most to watch old cartoons and stuff like that. Thanks!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Netflix remains your best choice.

• wannabefree
  • Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Give www.surfthechannel.com a try.

You can search for TV show and movies. They have new and really old TV and movies as well.

It's mainly just a link library the links you to another site.

I've been using it for a couple of years.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Isn't netflix still only 10 bucks a month? I don't use netflix for the dvds but for the streaming. I have a Roku for my TV and it is amazing. There are other channels than netflix on it too.

Here's a link to the product: http://www.roku.com/

• zoiks
    zoiks

We recently cancelled the DVD part of Netflix - now it's streaming only, for about $10. We watch it on the TV through our wii. Hulu is good too.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I have a PS3, do I need some kind of cord to get internet connection? I am not TV tech savvy, can you tell!!

• zoiks
    zoiks

You could get a wireless router and connect your PS3 to the net either wirelessly or through an ethernet cable. $50 should do it. You may need a little help setting it up though. Routers can sometimes be finicky.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You just need to go into the settings on your PS3 and connect to your wireless network (if you have one). You might need someone to come over and do it. It's easy and quick if you know what to do.

• DJPoetech
    DJPoetech

ROKU!!!

Love it...

Check it out. It considers Netflix a "channel". You can add other channels from movies to music...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit