The April 2011 Awake

by Yan Bibiyan 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yan Bibiyan - Ya I saw that and started a thread before I saw this. What a bunch of goof balls. Do they really want to raise that issue?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

the revealer - "Ya I saw that and started a thread before I saw this. What a bunch of goof balls. Do they really want to raise that issue?"

People who live in glass house should not throw stones.

However, people who live in glass houses - more often than not - feel compelled to throw stones; authoritarians inevitably call attention to the flaws of others, especially when those very flaws hit a bit too close to home. They almost can't help it.

Just look at the Right Wing. Glenn Beck rants like a lunatic about the Left Wing conspiring to take over America and imposing some sort of anti-Christian totalitarian state, but if you read some of the more extreme Right-Wing manifestos, they themselves advocate taking over America and imposing a Christian supremacist totalitarian state.

I've come to the conclusion that whenever the loudmouthed jackasses of the world are accusing someone of plotting and scheming something, it's because the loudmouthed jackasses themselves are the ones actually plotting and scheming it.

• aqwsed12345
    aqwsed12345

Secrets of Pedophilia in an American Religion—Jehovah’s Witnesses in Crisis, (2007) A commentary written by former member of the Watchtower organization's Writing Department staff, Barbara Anderson. The author chronicles her experience inside the Watchtower organization with child abuse issues.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I maybe a little rusty on this ,but when the jw`s were bribing the officials in mexico,isn`t it true the organization wasn`t officially recognized as a religion ? It was a" cultural" organization ? The reason being at the time, was, only the catholic church, the only recognized religion in mexico, could own property.

just a thought

smiddy

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    The reason being at the time, was, only the catholic church, the only recognized religion in mexico, could own property.

Here is what I found on this topic. Perhaps someone can add more, if this is not accurate.

In the 1940s, Mexican law did not allow religious organizations to hold title to real property. Thousands of church properties, worth billions of pesos, were "technically" owned by the government, although religious organizations possessed and used such just as if they did hold legal title. Mexican law also did not allow missionaries from foreign countries. Neither of these situations would have been major obstacles to the Society's work in Mexico. However, in 1943, the Society "legally" registered with the government as a "cultural" organization, rather than as a "religious" organization.

Until 1989, Mexican JWs were forced by the Society to maintain this farce. They were a "cultural" group, not religious group. They were members of a "company", not a congregation. They "performed the symbol", rather than getting baptized. They attended "cultural" meetings, and held "cultural" studies. The Society told them not to carry Bibles when they went out in "cultural" activity. The Society would not let them sing songs or even PRAY at meetings nor assemblies. None of this ridiculous mess was because Mexican law prohibited JWs to worship as they pleased. No, it was because the Society did not want the government to hold legal title to what few pesos worth of buildings they "might" acquire. Did Knorr actually think that if the Mexican government ever decided to confiscate possession of religious property, that the Watchtower's farcical "cultural" registration would stop the government from taking theirs?

http://www.paradisecafediscussions.net/showthread.php?tid=1950

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Does anyone have a scan of the 1994 cover showing the poor kids who died for the blood issue?

• Ding
    Ding

It's not surprising that a JW parent who let a child die rather than let him have a blood transfusion would ultimately stick by the WTS.

To walk away from the WTS would be to admit that they were wrong to allow their child to die because they followed a horrible teaching by a group of fallible men.

Psychologically, that would be VERY hard to do.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Alright here it is:

http://www.cftf.com/comments/kidsdied.html

Seventeen years after this issue none of the parents have been reunited with their children in any sort of resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit