The April 2011 Awake

by Yan Bibiyan 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

The new Asleep is available on jw.org in its full color PDF glory.

I only glanced trough...seems pretty blah....except for the opening article and the pictures in particular.

The article addresses parents grieving to the loss of a small child due to an infectious disease. An unimaginable situation for any parent (myself included)!

The WT seems to show the natural reaction to the loss of a child and the expected grieving in a way that any normal parent would react.

However, it stood out in a stark contrast to the 1994 Awake, where children lost to a stupid misunderstood and missaplied belief were lined up all smiling and their parents commended for the very actions that cut the life of their own children short!!

Are you, WT, telling us when and how to grieve for essentially the same astronomical loss - the loss of a child?!

Are you somehow telling us that the loss of a child due to an infections disease (which comes from the inherited imperfection resulting from sin, we all know) is somehow trivial, when the (murder) loss of a child due to a denied blood transfusion is to be celebrated?!

Sorry for the ramble; had to get it off my chest.....

-Yan

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Turn to page 27, and you'll see the item in the screenshot below. Does anyone notice anything ironic about this?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

leavingwt

leavingwt, I don't get it. I am a little slow today. Can you please explain your posting a little further. Thanks.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

In "Crisis of Conscience", Ray Franz details how the JWs in Mexico bribed officials to "solve problems", etc.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bttt

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

When I was a witness I saw two families lose their young child. Both due to a disease that required a blood transfusion to save thier life. After each child died both families left the religion for a while. Alas they later returned (several years later). I think for a time they blamed God, like how could you do this to us?

Then realized that according to the teachings they were their only chance ot see their child again..

That's how they keep them..threats....

Snoozy

• sd-7
    sd-7

Bribing officials? No, no, no--you've got it confused. It was merely a 'transaction' done by a 'non-profit organization', not by anyone who is known in Mexico as 'Jehovah's Witnesses'. Come on, dude! Get your facts straight!

--sd-7

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

LWT, funny thing you'd pick this page. Look what I found immediately to the left of you r screen shot:

“An Uncomfortable History”

“The Report of the Commission to Inquire

Into Child Abuse reveals an uncomfortable

history of Ireland,” says The Irish Times. According

to the newspaper, this report uncovers

a history stained by the systematic abuse

of children in Catholic religious institutions,

ranging from “beating children whose crime

it was that lice had infested their heads” to

sustained sexual abuse. The abuse was ignored

because of misguided loyalty to “the

absolute authority of the Catholic Church,”

says the paper. “Shame on You, Government

and Church,” said a headline in the Times,

quoting the words of one who sympathized

with the victims."

Now, substitute "Catholic Church" with "Watchtower" and we get an uncomfortably familiar picture.....

• sd-7
    sd-7

...And yes, you will only grieve if and when the Watchtower Society tells you to grieve. Just look at all the smiling faces that will walk away from the impending global holocaust of Armageddon!

Glad they died...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yan Bibiyan:

Now, substitute "Catholic Church" with "Watchtower" and we get an uncomfortably familiar picture.....

Unbelievable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit