Wine Is Good For You :-)

by snowbird 63 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

1 Timothy 5:23 Go ahead and drink a little wine, for instance; it's good for your digestion, good medicine for what ails you. The Message Bible

I've recently begun drinking a little wine each night before I go to sleep.

The wine is a blueberry variety that I bought from a neighboring vineyard.

It has helped my stomach problems a lot.

Syl

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You and hubby are on the same wavelength.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good for him!

Syl

• mamalove
    mamalove

I love wine. There is so much to learn about it and I really notice a difference in the vintage. Yum!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Wine is poisonous on the night of the memorial unless you are one of the true 144,000.

• Room 215
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My cousin was named Timothy. Our grandmother favored Timothy when she visited. Later, I found out all Timothy heard was talk of my valiant exploits. This scripture drives me nuts. It is a true trigger. Wine is nice. It makes Paul less puritanical. I believe it is a waste of holy scripture space to include this comment.

Right now I'm disabled and in exile from Manhattan. One of my goals, besides living in Paris for a while, is to attend fine wine tastings at Astory Wines in Greenwich Village or Sherry-Lehman uptown. One local restaurant has a superb menu for $100. I understand you don't actually drink the wine but I fear driving home and taxis don't truly exist here.

I have a sugar tooth that I know I could break. My problem is not with acquiring a more refined palate but with supporting my new habit. Now I am totally disgusted by the wines I started drinking at eighteen. I grew up in the Apple Boone Farm era. My parents would buy Manischewitz b/c of its use at memorial. It is poison. It is so easy to adjust upwards but I find it impossible to re-adjust downwards. I choose not to drink wine at alll than drink jug wine.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I went to Wal-Mart and cruised the wine aisles as if I knew what I was doing.

I didn't, so I'll be sticking to my blueberry.

LOL.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

From 215's link:

Over 1500 studies and articles are cited as the science behind the 30 specific health benefits of moderate drinking. From Alzheimers to Osteoperosis to Ulcers, from the Common Cold to Diabetes to Kidney Stones—here is a panorama of good news about drinking never before assembled in a single book. This is a book of Science. Give it to your doctor and then choose your daily dose of pleasure, "To Your Health."

Wine is certainly helping me cope with my peptic ulcer.

Thanks.

Syl

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I love wine, but can't have any before going to bed. Alcohol seems to screw up my sleep, even if I only have a little. I fall asleep ok, but tend to wake up about 4 hours later and stay awake.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit