Uh, ya!! probably happened, right??

by therevealer 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• therevealer
    therevealer

*** w09 6/15 p. 20 par. 19 Speak Truth With Your Neighbor ***
    19 Consider another blessing. Paul said: "In every way we recommend ourselves as God's ministers, . . . by truthful speech." (2 Cor. 6:4, 7) This certainly proved to be the case with a Witness living in Britain. Attempting to sell a car to a prospective buyer, he described all its good points as well as its faults, including those that could not be seen. After taking the car for a test drive, the buyer asked the brother if he was one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Why did he draw that conclusion? The man had taken note of the brother's honesty as well as his neat appearance. The ensuing discussion led to a fine witness being given.

• mrsjones5
  • 3Mozzies
  • Joliette
    Joliette

Oh wow, the witnesses are just so honest! Oh why did I ever become a so-called 'apostate!'

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yea , It's easy to spot JW's, cause the are the only ones I know that will wear a hot ass suit in 90 degree weather

willin' to risk heat stroke is a fine witness indeed.

• Joliette
    Joliette

sooner7c...omg...LMAO. So sad but probably true.

Sadly, all of that 'we're so different, we're not the world' Is just to pump a rub-a-dub's head up.

Seriously, where do they get these 'so called experiences anyways?'

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Seriously, where do they get these 'so called experiences anyways? "

Andre' of course !!!!

• therevealer
    therevealer

We're all acting rather dubious about this being possible. But wait a minute. Maybe what elicited the comment from the gentlemen was the watchtower taped on the back window for witnessing. Remember those cars you would see more and more as you approached the assembly city. Never did that myself, thought it was a bad thing to publicize being a witness as you were speeding along the freeway, haha

• man in black
    man in black

well lets go the bizzaro-superman route.

When I was a teenager, many, many witnesses (who were in good standing) were really into hot / fast cars.

They would ALWAYS do whatever they could to get a good deal or lie to sell their piece of junk to some flunky.

In fact, there was this one time when two really good witness mechanic teenagers wanted a real nice car, I remember them talking about

"4 bolt vs 6 bolt" carburators . The guy selling this car was pretty decent, and the witnesses thought that he was asking too much money.

So they were planning on actually stealing the carb. one day (the car was in a gas station lot) but thankfully the car was sold before they could act

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Does anyone else remember "Tara", the Canadian girl who was called into the principal's office to spit on the Canadian flag as a test to see whether she really respected her country or not?

That was the lightbulb moment for me, when I started to think maybe some of these "experiences" were bogus.

In later years, I heard experiences on the platform at assemblies that I knew for a fact were embellished to the point of being barely true, or were complete fabrications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit