Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-16-11 WT Study (BAPTISM)

by blondie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Go ahead and say it Sharpie. I can take it.

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

@MrFreeze no no no lol I was talking about the actual meeting on sunday I wanted to say That comment. Your story just reminded me of it. :) I didnt wanna say that comment sunday because i didn't want to sound too for lack of a better word, apostate sounding.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Wasn't it 1-16-11 when they read the letter about 30-hour auxilliary pioneers? Wouldn't that letter put extra pressure on the teenagers to get baptized so they could pioneer?

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

pirata said - Why did I get baptized?

As a young teen, my mom, with all good intentions, kept asking me "what is holding you back from getting baptized?" I kept answering "I don't know".

Finally, I got baptized because it was the "right thing to do". I considered it "positive peer pressure". And I felt good about the praise I got in the congregation about my spiritual progress, good talks, etc.

This is my story, word for word, with the exception of it not being my physical mom, but rather my "spiritual parents."

I would never say that I was forced to do it. It was MY decision. MY decision because I too felt that I had positive peer pressure, and that it was the right thing to do. Only that as a teenager, you just can't understand the gravity of a lifelong and life altering decision.

It's interesting, I just had a conversation recently with a sister I know that was just absolutely sure that her daughter was ready for baptism. She spoke about how mature she seemed and how sure of the truth she was at a young age.

So I bravely asked if she thought her daughter was ready for marriage at that young age (I think she said 12)?

Of course the sister responded NO. So I proceeded with asking then how she could be so sure her daughter was ready for baptism or even understood the seriousness of it. She said she just KNEW she was.

Ah, you have to love the blindness and the double standards. Thanks for another great review, blondie .

CoC

• porfiada
    porfiada

Same story, non jw dad, jw mum, what is getting in the way, subliminal peer pressure..the right thing to do and BANG! Baptized at 15. So glad my children won't be doing that too. I had a child at 26 and I now think that THAT was bonkers! Way too young....Ha! Still didn't know who I was.

Thanks Blondie for a great post!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Awesome

going to forward into another post by a concerned one after he/she reviewed this article.

{Edited 2 mins later:}

awww never mind Sharpie is already see this. ^^

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks everyone for your experiences.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Wow, paragraph 6 made me gag, especially because I know I could have read that without blinking just 4 years ago. I'd start ranting, but ziddina covered most of my initial reaction. Really, how do they print this stuff with a straight face?

Your peers may believe in evolution or in various false religious doctrines because others have told them that this is what they should believe.

Thankfully, unlike those other guys, as a JW you are blessed with poorly written "science" brochures that tell you what you should really believe. Please desist from researching the facts and making up your own mind.

Our heavenly Father wants you to build your faith on evidence.

You should, for example, have faith in a global flood. There's lots of evidence to believe in a global flood. That is, as long as your definition of "evidence" is a few ancient stories about floods. It helps if you ignore the enormous flaws that become evident when you try to take the story literally.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here you have another lousy article that merely directs children to getting baptized. First, their "compass" is corrupt--have you ever tried using a compass near a magnet? For instance, try putting your compass near a phone mouthpiece--with the mouthpiece north of the compass. Your compass will read "South"--the same thing can happen if you get everyone trying to impose their rules on your conscience. Also, a compass is no good if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is going to keep changing "north".

And, how can children as young as 6 really understand what they are getting into? All they know is that, unless they get baptized soon, they might not live through Armageddon, and they are afraid of that. So they get baptized without really knowing what they are getting into. And, they keep changing the rules. Hey, if Jesus waited until he was 30 and did not have to follow any Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, then why are children under 18 being hounded to get baptized?

• Heaven
    Heaven

prove to yourself that what is said in the Bible is true.

The funny and sad thing is that when you attempt to do this, you find out just how false it really is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit