Are there any Watchtower prophesies that came true?

by TTWSYF 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I know that the failed predictions of Amageddon for 1914, 1918, 1925, during WWII, and 1975 have been well documented here and other places, but are there any [documented] 'prophesies' that actually came true?

DC

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Define 'prophecies'. The Watchtower would say that it has never made ANY prophecies!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes. They said that if someone reads just a LITTLE bit of apostate literature, that he or she will leave The Truth.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, IF they prophesied that "false prophets" would come and lead people astray that came true, but that was a self-fullfilling prophecy so I don't know if that counts.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

"Okay, so the WT pubs stirred up a few imaginations but never 'Jehovah said'." So there.

Len

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"And there will be many false prophets saying look here is the Christ..."

• KristiKay
    KristiKay

I was wondering about the April 1 1972 Watchtower. To me it plainly states that they considered themselves phrophets. Is anyone familar with this?

You can google it, I'm intrested to know how they explain this.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Clear enough here...

w4/1/72

However, Jehovah did not let the people of Christendom, as led by the clergy, go without being warned that the League was a counterfeit substitute for the real kingdom of God. He had a “prophet” to warn them. This “prophet” was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students.Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses. They are still proclaiming a warning, and have been joined and assisted in their commissioned work by hundreds of thousands of persons who have listened to their message with belief.
    Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a “prophet” of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show?

Sw
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Just One..

"The End is Near" ..

And..

One by one..Jehovah`s Witness`s Die..

"WatchTower World"..

"A Place where JW`s Die"..

http://www.pcsndreams.com/images/Screensaver_Images/Halloween.jpeg

.................... ...OUTLAW

• Leolaia