Members of Governing Body preach door to door?

by ZionsWatchTower 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ZionsWatchTower
    ZionsWatchTower

Does anyone know if they still make this work ?

*Sorry for my bad english...

• wobble
    wobble

I read on here from someone who had been in Beth-hell , or it may have been Randy on Freeminds, that it was extremely rare for aGB member to take part in any aspect of F.S !

They are far too busy getting in touch with spirits to get the latest "sptiritual food" and giving talks in places that really show their appreciation ($$££etc.) for these wonderful members of the FDS.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Based on my experience, which predates the current GB structure, none of the Society bigwigs did much door knocking, if at all. While in Bethel I was assigned to the Brooklyn Heights congregation and assisted in the compilation of the field service reports. The reports I saw from Knorr and other high-level staff never exceed low-mid single digits, more than likely obtained from giving talks. I have no reason to believe it's any different today. I remember that when I was on weekend reception desk duty at 124 Columbia Heights, on Sunday I would pick up an order of seven or eight Sunday New York Times for delivery to people like Grant Suiter, George Couch, etc., and saw them around the building relaxing. We used to call them the "Ban-Lon" Brigade ("Ban-Lon" being a popular leisure-time polo shirt worn at the time, a la Izod), reference to their weekend dress habits. Of course, there were exceptions but they were, just that -- exceptions.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I don't believe they do, that's my opinion, & to change my mind I would have to see it with my own eyes, & I can't see that happening.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Bit of a different life from the average JW then?

Loz x

• dozy
    dozy

Franz in his books said that only a couple of the GB did any occasional ministry.

From my own experience I've seen a few brothers from the London branch committee on holiday or up giving talks and they never go on the service during these visits , even though they have ample opportunity. A pioneer sister in our congregation asked Ron Drage ( one of the head JWs in the UK) if he would go with her on a bible study and he told her , in no uncertain terms , that he was "on vacation." A brother from Malta describes Henschell making a visit to Malta , staying in a 5 star hotel and treating the whole exercise as a sight seeing holiday , refusing to share in the ministry with the brothers. Rutherford (allegedly) never went on the ministry for security reasons.

I suppose if they were challenged (which of course they never are) they would argue that their prime responsibility is to teach , much like a CEO doesn't clean the toilets or sweep the floor. All rather ironic as they often talk about the anointed / FADS (which as we know is essentially the GB) "taking the lead" in the preaching work when clearly they don't.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

On many occasions, when I was in Brooklyn, I personally saw Swingle and his wife (who was in a wheelchair) engaging in "street work" in Brooklyn Heights. This type of field service was the exact same type that I did in NYC.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

tbh , and I'm in know way defending these non humans but all of them at one time have either been;missionaries/special pioneers and spent decades in door banging work, being assigned to "hard ship posting" as a member of the GB they all probably think they've done their fair share of door banging and want to live their remaining years in luxury and leisure, would you blame them?

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Of course they don't, because it is stated in Acts 10:7 that you should not transfer from house to house. Of course the governing body would not ignore Jesus command as they adhere to Bible Truth™.

• HayDay
    HayDay

two words, Blood Guilty!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit