Johnny the Bethelite - Homophobic?

by laverite 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

CuriousButterfly,

You are not a typical JW, because you are willingly participating on a discussion board with apostates, df'd people and others who JWs would normally shun, including Laverite.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

If I take a poll of my friends that are active JWs and not on JWN etc. I can confidently say at least 80% are not homophobic and if gay slurs are said from the stage people in my area are humming about it and not happy.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

CB,

If that is the case, then you are in an extremely liberal congrgation.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

My estimate was based in the district and surrounding states.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

And who are your "friends"? JWs who also don't see anything wrong with associating with apostates and df'd/da'd ones?

That is not a typical JW. Not by a long shot.

• Mary
    Mary
    Curious Butterfly said: If I take a poll of my friends that are active JWs and not on JWN etc. I can confidently say at least 80% are not homophobic and if gay slurs are said from the stage people in my area are humming about it and not happy.

I find that incredibly difficult to believe. Active JWs are taught from birth to have a strong aversion to homosexuals. It's taught in the literature and it's preached from the platform. So I would venture to say that either:

1. you do not know your JW friends as well as you think,
    2. many of your JW friends might either be secretly gay or have a family member who's secretly gay;
    3. you live in either San Fransisco or LA; or
    4. you're full of shit bantha fodder.

I would tend to agree with Judge Dread on his point that most Witnesses are not afraid of homosexuals----they simply do not agree with the lifestyle and are taught that it is a sin.

• scotsman
    scotsman

CuriousButterfly

Perhaps you can talk to my family and Witness friends who ceased associating with me as I seem to be have been stuck with the bigoted 20%.

• caliber
    caliber
    Judge Dread, so much for addressing the issue and instead calling me names

This whole thread is about assumption and labeling. If we went through anyones past posts with a magnifying

glass who would stand ? If you throws stones at someone why be surprised if you get hit in the head with a stone yourself ?

Judge Dread

(guess I better start ducking right now )

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

you live in either San Fransisco or LA

Being a native Californian from the SF Bay Area I can safely state that homophobia is not dead in those areas (think "Prop 8") it's just more covert and underground.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    Judge Dread, so much for addressing the issue and instead calling me names. Does that make it easier to avoid answering the question?

"Homophobic" is a word that has been created to stifle and intimidate the opinions those who do not agree with the lifestyle of homosexuals. It has NOTHING to do with being afraid.

As I stated, who is afraid of homosexuals? Who is afraid of heights? Who is afraid of spiders? Who is afraid of snakes?

If you cannot see the difference between the four examples above, then you are either a fool, or a liar.

JDW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit