Six-Screens web site overhaul????

by Prov1320 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

Is it possible Rick took our advice and changed the face of his web site? Satanic looking home page, bad web-scripting... all gone!!!

Although I haven't checked the content of the site in all the pages, I must say "Kudos to Rick" for taking some constructive criticism!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I haven't had time to look at the whole site, but the home page is much better.

The Google cache has a version with an evil sound for little Johnny to scare the shite out of himself with, and to let Dad know he is on the evil interweb.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Much improved Home Page and easier to navigate without the 'noise'.

Way to go Rick!

Ultimately, any web site is intended to draw a target audience to provide information, assistance, direction or entertainment to that audience.

Using the participants of this Board as a representation of the SS site's target audience, much of the feedback about the site's atmosphere was negative and it seemed to be turning people away and effecting the credibility of the information presented on it. To remain relevant, changes needed to be made regardless of how the site's owner may have felt about or favored the site's original composition and layout. I'm glad that Rick recognized this and stepped-up to make some needed changes.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Yes we did change the site, we were inspired by the members on this board. Most thought it was to spooky and ominous. Many wanted a better way to download the Conference Call and that is now available. Check it out..... http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/

• foodalls
    foodalls

Rick! I must congratulate on what you are trying to do with this site! THANK YOU Brother! I listened to your 4 and half hour tape of the meetings you had with the congregation elders and it was great! To bad those elder won't see whats coming for them in the VERY NEAR future! I look forward to your next conference call and I will be there for sure!

I spend 47 years with that organization till I did some "Outside-The-Box" research on them myself and read brother Raymond Franz's book "Crisis of Conscience"...and came to the same conclusions most people in here do! Soo I will be there on your next conference call! SEE YOU THERE!

• foodalls
    foodalls

Another note about Brother Rick's case... help may come to you in the form of a "Inside Governmental source" SOON!...so count on WINNING it!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think the colour scheme is quite attractive now. Nice job!

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Looks Good..

................. ...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I once asked Rick to make the recording available as MP3 downloads. I see that he has now done that. Thank you.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Rick, I just wish you would take the advice of the likes of Ray Franz and Barbara Anderson.

When you encourage people to express their unfounded stories about the Watchtower, then you are taking away from the credibility of all those that actually have some "real" and "true" information to present.

This latest issue with "Johnny" is a joke. He is being followed? He mumbled so as to mask his voice? I couldn't get beyond the first hour, Rick. I love you dude, but you've gotta get in control of your conference calls. What is funny is that I "foretold" what Johnny's story was going to be last week. I said that he was going to claim that bethel or the elders were on to him and that they were trying to kick him out. But he even took it a step further by saying that he asked to leave bethel...and they said NO!

Rick, you know that is not true just as much as I do. They did not "threaten" his family and friends, forcing him to stay at Bethel. You really need to take a step back, Rick, and reexamine your show. Are you doing more harm than good by allowing free reing for people to tell false stories about the society? I don't agree with the society, and I am against them just as much as anyone here. But the problem is that you are not moderating your conference calls correctly.

Here is my advice (for the 1 cent that it's worth)

1. Keep the calls to a scheduled time. Limit them to 2 hours or less. The 10 hour marathon call does not allow for proper moderation. You do not need to "censor" what people say, but if you limit your calls to 2 hours, then you can be on for the entire time.

2. Stay on the entire conference call and be a "host". What I mean by that is that radio show hosts do not just start the recording and let the audience run free. If someone has a claim or story about what the society or elders have done to them, ask them questions so as to make it possible for other listeners to see if what they are saying is true or not.

3. Be the main "voice". Don't just turn on the phone lines for anyone. Be a host. Draw up an outline, stick to it, and then open up certain portions of the show to audience participation. That way you can keep some sort of structure to your program. I have listened to MANY of the calls. And there is almost NO structure to it. Sometimes there are portions that are structured, but usually the program starts with non-structure and ends with non-structure.

4. Prepare and intro and outro to your program. Introduce the topics, and have a "final comment" at the end of the program.

5. Divide your conference calls into categories on your website. You can have categories that deal with relationships, secular matters, politics, scandals in the WT, etc...

The point is, Rick, I understand your motive and I appreciate a lot of the content on your site. But I think that there are some very definitive things that you can do to make it MUCH more effective and successfull.

I hope you take these suggestions in the mild spirit in which they were intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit