Apostates are DEMONIZED !

by Derrick 19 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

an ineresting post considering my experience with the cult.All you have to do is question the teachings and they will demonize you,they really did outright accuse me of consorting with the devil because I had experiences that were of a peculiar type and vomited some of the teachings in their face.All I did was study with them for a short while and was never a jw so it was easy for them to shit all over me and in the process believe god was directing them.We also can't forget that as the pharisees were condemning jesus ,jesus also demonized them by calling them the synagogue of satan ,john the baptist also called them offspring of vipers ,so there was plenty of demonizing going on ,the bible does in fact use all 3 definitions so I will go with that.

• avengers
    avengers

Remember the elder-meeting that was taped and put on the internet?
    It must have been taped by an elder.
    Maybe this elder is in your cong.
    So how do you know who's a "real" elder and who is not?

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

i think we should be asking if the guy has the intelletual capacity to understand the meaning of the words he's using???

hey! anyone remember that article on demonism, way back in the 60's, that set all the brothers throwing stuff out, in case it was demonised..

every time anyone got sick they'd have a hunt thru the house for some object they could blame...

the WT sort of had to run another article to hose them all down...

• Satanus
    Satanus

If jws become apostates because of demonization, a simple solution would be for sprit appointed elders to expell the demons like jesus did. The solution is clear.

SS

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I hereby make the counter charge that the Jws, by their radical interpretation of Christianity, their continuous misuse of Disfellowshipping, and their refusal to abate disproved doctrines that have lead to countless families and individuals into a broken state of relationships with each other; That, the Jws are the apostates that the Bible foretold.

“We all fell down from the milky way, hanging around here for the judgement day, heaven only knows who’s in command.”- Jimmy Buffet

• Room 215
    Room 215

Tellie,

So you think it's perfectly reasonable that JWs affix a blaspehemous label to everyone who can't bring them to uncritically swallow the company line, hook, line and sinker. It's not enough that one agree with, say 85 percent of the whole and ask to ``take a pass'' on the remaining 15 percent.

They say they're imperfect, but woe to you if you don't buy into the whole package without reservation.

Think about this: if the doctrine of Proverbs 4:18 about ``the light growing brighter'' is correct as JWs currently understand it, then that GUARANTEES that at least some of what is taught is errant and will eventually be replaced by something else. Just ask anyone who's still finishing out a jail term because of refusal to accept alternative service.

Sleep tight.

• logical
    logical

britboy, its cos your dog is darth vader

• Julie
    Julie

I dunno Rick, what do the posters on your own DB think on the matter? Or are there any left to ask?

The fellow you heard this from is merely reinforcing the group evil that is the Watchtower, create the enemy and maintain the hatred toward the enemy at all costs. It is what helps to keep a closely controlled group cohesive.

Julie

• 2SYN
    2SYN

It's just more typical JW mind-control tactics, propogated (often unknowingly) by the elders.

• voltaire
    voltaire

I will be channelling a rebuttal to this absurd claim in the near future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit