Apostates are DEMONIZED !

by Derrick 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Derrick
    Derrick

The other day an elder expressed concern for the "growing number of apostates on the world wide web" and said "apostates are "demonized"!

Choose the definition the elder most likely intended to imply:

demonized
    http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=demonized

2 entries found for demonized.

de·mon·ize (dm-nz)
    tr.v. de·mon·ized, de·mon·iz·ing, de·mon·iz·es
    1. To turn into or as if into a demon.
    2. To possess by or as if by a demon.
    3. To represent as evil or diabolic: wartime propaganda that demonizes the enemy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    demon·i·zation (-m-n-zshn) n.

I choose 3. What say y'all? Demonized apostates out there don't be shy in responding! ;-)

Derrick

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.

-- William Blake (Auguries of Innocence)

• Satanus
    Satanus

BOOO!!! HAAA HAAA

SATAN

• picosito
    picosito

Jesus was an Apostate according to the Jewish religious leaders. They even said he had a demon. Martin Luther was an apostate according to the Catholic clergy. The JW's like to call apostate anyone who breaks out of the mold. So they act just like the Catholic clergy and the Rabbis, whom they say they detest. So, they must, interestingly and ironically, detest THEMSELVES!!! And rightly so.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Oh shit Derrick....

I can feel it happening... my head is turning around 360 deg... in fact its spinning reallllllllly fast now... and... and... oh no... I am projectile vommiting green stuff... And my cocker spaniel is looking more and more like a werewolf...

B... Satan is right... R... all hale the dark lord... I... he is king T... so-o-rry cou-lllll-d not help it!

They wouldn't have made the cane if you weren't meant to break the rules!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi Derrick,

Number three, absolutely; he may not have not intended it to mean it that way, but it's definitely the elders and their ilk that do the demonizing of anyone with the temerity to decline to engorge the whole party line ``hook, line and sinker.''

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

jesus disciples were also accused of being part
    of a sect..........crazy aint it

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to take ALL THREE!

Guest 77

• roybatty
    roybatty

That would be a cool party trick, being able to spin your head 360 degrees. Where do I sign up?

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Boo! (Here comes the pea soup!)

• picosito
    picosito

Come to think about it, the word "apostate" sounds sinister (like "masturbate") and suggests evil intentions on the part of the "apostate." Some brothers in "good standing" in the congregations treat others in an apostate way while keeping their outer whitewash intact, and are TRUE apostates. Those of us who see the truth about "The Truth" and want to drop out of it should be called "dissenters," not Apostates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit