January 16 WT Study Answers?

by Sharpie 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

Before I start, it's kind of funny where the artical for last week is "Young ones - resist peer pressure." lol

Anyways, this weeks is Young Ones What Will You Do With Your Life? Page 12 LINK

Yadda yadda yadda, it's another baptism artical. And I need a little help. The question I want to answer a couple questions, Paragraph 13 "Why should you get baptized", Paragraph 15,16 "How can you tell if you are rady for baptism"

There is one BOY age 11 that recently got baptized in my congregation. Obviously i dont want to pin point the child. But I do want to say something generic like. "We should follow Jesus's example, even though he was preaching at 12 (Luke 2:42), Jesus only got baptized when he was a mature adult"

Any other comments would be helpful :) THANKS IN ADVANCE!

PS I don't want to sound any bit aposte, hell I might even keep my mouth shut. But I was wondering what's a comment that you folks would make!

• designs
    designs

You never know what the peer pressure is like or the self esteem of the individual, just saying.

• IMHO
    IMHO

What scriptural evidence is there for saying that "commenting" is a gift you're giving to Jehovah?

• Honesty
    Honesty

You could mention that the catholics baptise babies but JW's wait until a child nears puberty before allowing them to be baptised.

I can see it now...

Heads bobbing up and down, up and down, up and down.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I personally didn't get baptised like my friends did at age 15/16... I waited til I was 18. The peer pressure to even get Baptised was so so strong in our hall, it was the thing to do! And I defiantly wanted to be respected and be excepted as a muture and spiritual! But the thing is more people need to stress the importance of it and the seriousness of it. People change in their 20s and that is or around the time people get Dfed. If I could suggest anything it would be to wait!!

• designs
    designs

Butterfly-

I saw the same thing happen. I was baptised at 16 just shy of my 17th birthday. I would say over 50% of my peers were Disfellowshipped between the ages of 18 and 22.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Oh and going out in service is I feel a good thing at that age (teenage years)... you can still be considered spiritual (cause you can carry on studies and research and answer ques that you may even wonder about) and continue to go out in service every Sat or whatever. I did with my friends and it's a fun way to hang out with friends too... I remember the good ol days going out in service with my girl friends, yeah they tell you to switch it up a bit and go out with older ones but seriously every Sat. that was our favorite thing... I saved going out with older ones when holidays or a day off from school, like summertime on Weds, was my thing.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Designs yelp! My friends too! I had friends from different halls too and I would hear so and so got disfellowshipped, did you hear... I was thinking seriously!?! Wow but they were so spiritual I though... (baptism never makes a person spiritual, it's in a persons heart between God and the person). People can perceive to be spiritual as a front but in reality they are far from it... even if they make good comments at halls, even if they go out every Sat, even if they study all their lessons, etc. Seriously it can be all a front. That is one thing I learned later... it was such a disappointment. But don't let other peoples actions or opinions spoil yours... it's just between God and you.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Ah there you go par. 12 page 14 read that, that is so so true...

• designs
    designs

Butterfly-

Its just a part of being that age- raging hormones and all. On Saturday nights when we would be at different parties throughout the LA area the conversations would get around to who got DF'd this week. There was very little help or mentoring in those days, mid to late 60s, it was 'get rid of the 'unclean ones' Knorr's mantra. The number who stayed to get reinstated was under 20%, most who got DF'd went on to start a new life. Looking back I envy them I stuck around for another 3 decades.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit