According to lice, humans first wore clothes 170,000 years ago

by Stealth 13 Replies latest social current

• Stealth
    Stealth

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-01-lice-dna-humans-wore-years.html

And it wasn't because Adam and Eve sinned, they were just fricken cold!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Interesting. Wonder if lineages in the lice genome might correspond geographically to the human lineages the lice are associated with (I doubt it since diffusion would doubtless occur via trade and the like).

• Reader1
    Reader1

Very cool article. Thanks for posting it.

• moshe
    moshe

I too, have read about this interesting topic. They have also found out that human pubic lice came from Gorillas- may be Noah can explain this.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070316-gorilla-lice.html

• designs
    designs

Noah's Flood and the extra radiation changes all Dating methods

• Satanus
    Satanus

moshe

Maybe adam should explain. Genesis states that, before eve, he was not able to find a mate among the animals. It suggests that he searched.

S

• AGuest
    AGuest
    we know that body lice or clothing lice almost certainly didn't exist until clothing came about in humans."

May you all have peace! Not that I'm nitpicking (pun absolutely intended), but is "almost certainly" considered to be fact? I get that it denotes "likelihood"... perhaps even "probability." But is it (or any of the three) really the same thing as an actual [true] fact?

I was engaged in a discussion with a very intellectual young man recently, a fastidiously "logical" thinker and after I stated that I was "99% sure" about something, he said, "Yes, well, 99% is NOT a fact."

Er?!

So, can someone tell me, please: is "almost certainly" almost a certainty... thus, almost a fact... but not 100% and so not actually a fact?

Just askin', just tryin' to understand.

Again, peace to you all!

A "curious" slave of Christ,

SA

• designs
    designs

It means the little Lice weren't walking around with Bar Codes saying: Born In 166,435 BC

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Oh boy, that wiley serpent sure is tricky!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

What about when humans first put on a fig leaf?

You remember, the carbon dating is all messed up due to the water vapor cloud in the sky!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit