Do You Think the Internet Currently Contains All Mankind's Accumulated Knowledge?

by journey-on 34 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Can you find answers to anything you want to know currently via the Internet? Is all accumulated knowledge "out there"?

• JRK
    JRK

. . . and all the accumulated stupidity.

JK

• JeffT
    JeffT

JRK beat me to it. The trouble with the internet is (for example) the serious history is right next to "proof that Elvis shot JFK"

You have to know how to filter the BS.

• A.Fenderson
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Heavens, no. We've lost knowledge from generations past that will never be recovered. Even now the internet loses stuff every day. As an aside, I was told that a major milestone has been passed. More information is now created on each individual on the internet than they can personally generate. Facebook "friends", stop flagging my photo!

But I was unable to source that quote on google.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The internet contains a collection of information, most of it dubious. Knowledge is different from info. Personally, I can't afford a university/scholarly database, nor a commercial legal research program. A good encyclopedia costs funds. Wisdom is even more elusive.

• journey-on
    journey-on

But IF you could afford it, Band on the Run, is it there to be bought? Is anything you want to KNOW available on the internet (free or not)?

We've lost knowledge from generations past that will never be recovered.
    Like what, janat?
  • journey-on
    journey-on

Give me something, anything, that I cannot find an answer to on the internet.

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

What I had for lunch.

• journey-on
    journey-on

You got me there!

However, if you bought your lunch out and used a debit or credit card, I'm sure that info is in cyberspace somewhere!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit