What Songs Do You Find Mesmerising?

by minimus 103 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I love Chris Isaak's Wicked Game. It's haunting.

Traffic's Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys was/is a song that I'd listen to over and over again. (If I were to ever taked LSD, that would be the song I'd listen to).

I love Michael Jackson's version of Smile. It makes you want to cry, not smile.

Any songs that can put you into a trance?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there Min,

talk about a trance, nothin' will do that better than a Kingdom Melody

• minimus
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Only Time by Enya

Human by the Killers

• donny
    donny

Ship of Fools by Robert Plant

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

• cantleave
  • Gregor
    Gregor

Mesmerising doesn't mean I like it. The Macarena is a good example. Like Jgnat, I find many of Enya's songs very moving.

• moshe
    moshe

repeat after me,

" I'm Henery the Eighth, I am,
    Henery the Eighth I am, I am!
    I got married to the widow next door,
    She'd been married seven times before.
    And every one was an Henery
    She wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam
    I'm her eighth old man named Henery
    Henery the Eighth, I am!"

It's more like torture than mesmerizing--

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Traffic's Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys was/is a song that I'd listen to over and over again. (If I were to ever taked LSD, that would be the song I'd listen to).

That is a tough song. So much of the music from that time frame I've often wondered about how good it must really sound when high. I didn't find out that they did that song until this past summer.

I'd Love To Change The World by Ten Years After is another one in the same vein that seems like it would sound real good while "experimenting."

The beginning of Into The Void by Black Sabbath is mesmerising. Its just the most wicked of riffs. If I was a boxer, I'd want the beginning of that song to loop over and over again as I made my way to the ring.

• flipper
    flipper

Donny- Yeah, Ship of Fools by Robert Plant, a great song. Several by Led Zeppelin put me in a trance, a few of my all time favorites are : Babe , I'm Gonna Leave You, Stairway to Heaven, Since I've Been Loving You , & Kashmir. All 4 of those I never get tired of

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit