A Bethel Memory #7 - My GB can lick your GB

by LivingTheDream 43 Replies latest members private

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

Scott77,

Don't feel bad. Your needs are as valid as anyones on this Forum and you just need to hear more stuff about the JW world that you couldn't anywhere else and most of that stuff is negative because the JW world hides all of that from us. I get it.

To be frank with you, I need some of that too. That story link you posted for example is awesome. I just finished reading it now and I'm dizzy from the way this brother recounted his stay at Bethel as well as his whole life. Everything just rang so very true and reading it validates my own feelings of negativity about the "Truth". God bless him for it. But please note though, that his story also contained a few good things about Bethel that he saw and about a few good people he met there too. Bethel wasn't all bad for those of us that stayed there longer than his stay and some of my memories are pleasant. His style was to purge all at once and to put it all in one large set of a few posts, I'm doing it a piece at a time over time.

My own personal need is to get this stuff all off my chest after bottling it up for so long and I just want to tell it as I remember it and to make it as interesting as possible so others would read it. I admitted up front with my first post that this was my main goal. I hope it helps others too as a side benefit, but I admit I'm being selfish here right now and just saying what I feel, in order to purge by soul from all this, some of it negative, some positive, some neutral.

LivingTheDream

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I love these anecdotes. Shows the real people behind the names. Keep 'em coming.

• TMS
    TMS

Anecdotal stories demystify Bethel, the "House of God." The quirky old men there are not unlike the quirky old men playing croquet in the park, except that their quirkiness is Watchtower related. In the case of the GB these guys have to assume a role. They're compelled to show their spirituality, leadership in some way to justify their position. They buy into it and those subservient to them buy into it by catering to them.

tms

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks again, LTD, for all your posts so far and for going through the "vetting" process that seems to be par for the course for new posters here.

I'm glad you're taking it in stride.

There was a poster here a few years ago who invented a fictional wife, gave her cancer, and finally informed the board that she had "died".

After that, there's a pretty high level of scrutiny for new posters.

Looking forward to more posts.

om

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ah the ghost of trevolinda.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

yes, like jgnat said I like your stories because they're real and human. They show these GB men are simply that, old men, nothing special about it.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I love your stories! Keep 'em coming!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I remember Sydlick though I never talked with him. His wife I did many times...

There ya go, Scott77. If that's not a bombshell I don't know what is.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I just wanted to say thank you, thank you for posting your experiences at bethel. I've heard a lot of 'stories' about there, hearing more just adds to the credibility of every story I've heard. They all have the same theme going on.

They don't know wtf they're doing up there do they?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

LivingTheDream, that was one of the most awesome stories I've ever read. Classic! Some days I read your threads and I imagine how I would have conducted myself up there, and whether or not I missed out on something to look back upon and laugh......and be horrified. Dude, thanks for posting that. Classic bruh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit