Awake! July 2009 No one should be made to choose between their beliefs and family

by Awen 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I like my coffee hot and black.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well I am not as smart as King Solomon or Cedars or 00DAD, or 90% of posters here, but I do have common " horse " sense, as Grandma would say.

I don't need a PHD to see double-speak.

shunning contradiction

We may as well add these statements from the August 15, 2012 WT lesson since we are talking about family bonds.

1) " Daniel was also "a never-say-no elder," as he puts it. He eagerly accepted every privilege that came his way.".

2) " Daniel states, "There is much more to life than struggling to care for privileges to the detriment of your own family."

More double speak when compared to all the do more, give more articles. Here is something Solomon posted:

This is another fine spiritual gem from the january 2013 study edition.

As the great tribulation nears, we do not want to be plagued with such anxious thoughts as these:'could I have done more in God's service? Why didn't I pioneer when I had the opportunity? What prevented me from reaching out to serve as a ministerial servant? Did I put on a real effort to put on the new personality? Am I the sort of person Jehovah wants in his new world? Instead of just worrying about such sobering questions, we want to use them to analyze ourselves and make sure that we are giving our best in Jehovah's service. Otherwise, we could be continuing in a way of life that may result in even more regrets.

WOW! What a disgusting guilt trip from Spiritual Mommy dearest! Pack your bags, its time for a guilt trip! Just try telling the Elders that there is more to your life than struggling to care for priviliges. They may say " ok ", but the understanding will be that you are spiritually struggling because your theocratic productivity has dropped. No one who has ever been, or currently is a JW has any confusion over the hypocrisy of these photos.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Data-Dog: No one who has ever been, or currently is a JW has any confusion over the hypocrisy of these photos.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The mixed messages that the WT leadership continually send out to the R&F are a common tactic among abusers to keep their abused ones off-balance. It keeps the narcissistic supply lines flowing!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Data-dog said:

Well I am not as smart as King Solomon or Cedars or 00DAD, or 90% of posters here, but I do have common " horse " sense, as Grandma would say. I don't need a PHD to see double-speak.

Well, dream big there, fella, but the reading comprehension of a 6th-grader MIGHT be a good start?

For your reading enjoyment, the WT article is below: note that the section is a WARNING against being overly-zealous in service at the sake of one's own family (that point is highlighted in green; I've included your two cherry-picked sentences in yellow, which were reinserted within their original context).

ADULTERY—A CLEVERLY CONCEALED PIT

13 An improper romantic relationship could develop within the congregation. Consider this true-life example. Daniel and his wife, Sarah,* were regular pioneers. Daniel was also “a never-say-no elder,” as he puts it. He eagerly accepted every privilege that came his way. As part of his ministry, Daniel conducted five Bible studies with young men—three of whom got baptized. These newly baptized brothers needed considerable help. When Daniel was busy with his various theocratic assignments, Sarah often provided that help. Soon this pattern developed: Daniel’s former Bible students needed emotional support, and they received it from Sarah. She needed attention, and she got it from Daniel’s Bible students. A deadly trap had been set. “Months of my wife’s giving of herself drained her spiritually and emotionally,” says Daniel. “This, coupled with the fact that I had been neglecting her, led to a disastrous turn of events. My wife committed adultery with one of my former students. She had become spiritually weak right under my nose, and I was too concerned about all my privileges even to notice it.” How can you avoid such a tragedy?

14 To avoid the pit of adultery, reflect on the meaning of marital commitment. Jesus said: “What God has yoked together let no man put apart.” (Matt. 19:6) Never think that your theocratic privileges are more important than your spouse.Moreover, be aware that frequently spending time away from your mate for nonessential activities may indicate a weakness in your marriage and can lead to temptation and possibly to serious sin.

15 If you are an elder, though, what about the flock? The apostle Peter wrote: “Shepherd the flock of God in your care, not under compulsion, but willingly; neither for love of dishonest gain, but eagerly.” (1 Pet. 5:2) Congregation members in your care certainly should not be ignored. However, you should not fulfill your role as a shepherd at the expense of your role as a husband.It would be pointless—even dangerous—to focus all your attention on feeding the congregation while your mate is “starving” at home. Daniel states, “There is much more to life than struggling to care for privileges to the detriment of your own family.”

Bud, you can't just grab random sentences out of the WT and say, "Will ya' lookie here! I seems to have found me a genuwine WT contradiction!" Well, you CAN, but you'll have alot of egg on your face after someone tries to verify your claim, and it blows up in your face....

Data, if you actually believe that is double-speak, weasel-words, a contradiction, hypocritical, etc, then seriously consider that you may not have as much horse sense as think? If I were you, I'd be complaining to your grandma for telling you sweet lil' lies (was she a JW, perchance?) and/or for giving you defective alleles at multiple loci in chromosome Xp22.3.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The WT can go fuck themselves.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You are welcome! It makes me sad that we need to even discuss these things. It is the same ol' sh*** as usual. Keep your slaves busy on a treadmill so they never have any breathing room or time to think. How many JW's read a Bible more than the litteratrash? A very small percentage, because if they did, ( reading quotes and snippets of verses in the WT does not count ) they would begin to see that things ain't adding up. Combine that with all the disinformation and restriction of information ( anything critical of the WT ) and the constant guilt trips and fear, and the reminders of how you are nothing without the GB, and you have an abusive relationship. All high control groups and cults do it. It is rare for a member to wake up, that shows the effectiveness of these techniques. Here is an interesting article. It doesn't matter if you believe in a God or not, you will get the point.

http://www.caic.org.au/biblebase/abuse/bible-abuse.htm

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Data-Dog: No one who has ever been, or currently is a JW has any confusion over the hypocrisy of these photos.

00DAD said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As demonstrated, JW's aren't exactly known for anything beyond their intentionally-retarded reasoning and window-washing skills.

For one: if it's such an apparent demonstration of hypocrisy for those who "currently are JWs", then where's the mass exodus OUT of KHs, with JWs spilling into the streets in outrage over all the blatent contractions? See any on Sunday? Nope. That's a FAIL.

Besides, you don't actually believe that being baptized actually instills one with Holy Spirit and special insight or a mastery of JW eschatology, do you? If so, maybe you should tell that to, I dunno, Leolaia? Unlike you, she was never baptized (IIRC, she left at a young age to go to college). Leo has forgotten more about JW beliefs that all the four of us will ever hope to know, including you, ex-elder 00DAD. FAIL.

And given all the gripes about the Society's anti-education stance and their love of home-schooling (which is intellectual incest, in my book, AKA "the blind leading the blind"), aren't you being a bit hypocritical yourself, showing some anti-intellectual hatred? You all didn't actually swallow the JW line about TMS being equivalent to a college education, did you? FAIL?

00Dad, please share how old you were when you joined the JWs: were you an ADULT? And you were in for HOW LONG (25 years?), and serving as an elder for how long before you were deleted and DFed? If you are SO PROUD of having been in, then great! I'm giving you an excuse to toot your own horn!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

King Solomon, I don't usually say things like this, but you are a bigger asshole than anyone on this site. You are a Dr. right? Perhaps you could get your head removed from your ass. Your insulting manner is ridiculous, and you are over thinking this. You don't like Cedars, we all get it. You think you are the most intelligent person on the forum, we all see it. You are transparent, and not nearly as intelligent as you imagine yourself to be. I hate to tell YOU this, wise one, but regurgitating information does not make YOU intelligent. You have stood on your fair share of shoulders in your day. There are not that many people on this site that really care what you think about every matter. Jw's screwed your family or something, they suck, we get it. Direct your anger where it belongs. My grandmother is also dead so please don't be insulting about that. Also, I can kick your ass. Judging from your insulting demeanor you are no doubt a chicken-shit who would piss yourself in a fight. At least you could stitch yourself up when I got through with you, that's a plus.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

King Solomon,

My apologies. That was not right on my part. I don't understand why you cannot express yourself without being insulting to those who do not share your views.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wow. all I can say is wow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit