Tell us about your practical jokes and pranks and leg pulling

by FlyingHighNow 22 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My daughter used to do theatrical make up. She had all kinds of cool make up, putty, etc. So she made a bloody bullet hole right smack dab in the middle of my brother in law Neal's forehead.

I was going to Wal-mart, so he asked if he could come along. When we went to get in line and finally got to the cashier, I was about to pay her. Neal kept moaning, "My head hurts. It hurts real bad." He had real tears running down his face. Without losing a beat I said to the cashier, "He refuses to go to the emergency room." Then I did my best eye roll.

The bullet hole and blood looked very realistic. The cashier took a long, very worried look and went silent. A couple of minutes later, after we already had walked away, she said, "Ohhhhhh...." Then she burst out laughing. Hehe. That was one of the funniest things I've ever participated in.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Please, I need to cheer up after reading about that 12 year old JW girl who was murdered by her parents. Share your pranks, practical jokes, leg pullers and funny things you did.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My daughter reminded me of this when she visited at Christmas:

She was in either kindergarten or first grade when the space shuttle Challenger blew up. I was in a kidding mood, so I told her a little kid had stuck a wad of bubblegum on the side of the rocket and it caused it to explode when it hit a certain speed. She believed me for a long time.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

about 15 years ago, as the whole family (Mum, Dad, son 5 and daughter 4), we were staying in a fairly cheap hotel which would smell stuffy and cold smoke, and my little daughter would keep whining : it stinks, it stinks. After a while, we had her have a shower and I asked her : is it still stinking ? She said No. So you see, I replied, after you had that shower, doesn't smell so much. She didn't say anything, then after a few seconds she realized what I had said and implied (poor thing, she had obviously nothing to do with that smell) and all of a sudden she burst into cries and loud protestation. To this day we all have a good laugh remembering this episode.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Aligot, sounds like something I would have done. How long did you let her think it was her that stunk up the room?

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Actually, making a little joke out of the situation came up to my mind just after the shower, I hadn't planned it and didn't let her think, before the shower, that she was cause for the smell.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

At one of the district conventions in Macon, Georiga, my brother, my kids, nephews and I donned black sunglasses everywhere we went and we hummed The theme from Peter Gunn. Each of us had a different instrument part we'd hum. We got a lot of laughs from otherwise stuffy JW's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcflCzZlLcQ

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Macon sounds french (burgundy), do they grow vine there ?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Not sure. It's a hot, humid city, famous for giving us the Allman Brothers Band.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit