Do Apostate demos at conventions work?

by home_and_dry 23 Replies latest jw friends

• SpinDoctor
    SpinDoctor

In the pre-Internet days, such protests may not had served much purpose, but today advertising a URL (such as www.jehovahs-witness.com) or a phone number (such as 1-800-Help4JW) might do great good for the apostate cause. Jehovah’s Witnesses would be too shy to approach an apostate at a convention, but can easily memorize or write down an easy to remember phone number or URL.

If the advertisement is off the convention site itself it cannot be stopped, except by extreme measures.

• mouthy
    mouthy

David Reed & Penni his wife are free-from reading the picketers signs- it said "READ YOUR BIBLE NOT THE WATCHTOWER-" she said to David" we do read our Bible"- Went at it more than the watchtower( reading the bible) Found the real TRUTH in doing so. Have you any idea how many Jehovahs Witnesses has been set free from David Reed?? I am sure they are in the HUNDREDS
    I Picket

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I was never afraid of the apostates. I was always curious and wanted to know more, and also try to win them over apologetically.

When I was alone and out of town on business, I always visited bookstores and libraries to read everything. The apostates once visited our assembly hall (Natick Massachusetts) and began shouting "Jezebels" and a few other things during a talk. The attendants quickly formed a tight circle and started moving towards the lobby forcing them out and then calling the police.

So, I think silent peaceful protest works the best in public, like Ghandi tactics.

• borgfree
    borgfree

I think "Mouthy" has helped a lot of people "out" also. Didn't know you by that name mouthy!

Borgfree

"Without knowledge there can be no genuine faith--only superstition on the one hand or speculation on the other" Robert Banks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit