Hello to all from Walk On

by Walk On 40 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

Monty Python was truth though !

BIG WOBBLE WELCOME WALKON !!!!

I was in for longer than you(born in 1950, left spring 2008) I would be interested to read more of your story, especially about the "waking up" process.

As I look back, I realise that from infancy I had problems with beleiving all the BS and I realise that I was kind of reversing out of the religion for years before that moment when I walked alone out of the K.Hall and thought "That is it, I am never going back".

How did it work for you ?

• four candles
    four candles

I still believe that sheeps bladders can prevent earthquakes.!! This new learnin amazes me........what?? It's not real????

Dammit!!!

Welcome,Walk on...reject JW's ....embrace Monty Python!!!

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

Walk On

A warm, friendly welcome from bonnie Scotland. It is great to hear that you have seen through the con that this cult produces, and exited.

Like wobble, I was a born-in (1952), third generation JW. DAd myself in 2003 when I became convinced that I no longer believed in any god or gods - just enforced that I was really just a lifelong humanist.

All 4 sons are out of the cult, and our 3 grandchildren will never become involved. Son number 3 is now living in Ottawa with his fiance - he loves living in Canada, and feels that he's been made very welcome.

Sadly, my wife's still attending meetings, although I don't think that she goes door-to-door any longer.

I'm now an active Scottish Humanist - I've just paid to renew my subscription for another year. A recent research poll indicated that 2 out of every 5 Scots live their life, 'good without god'. I'm happy to be just one of them!

Look forward to other postings

lifelong humanist

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Like you I just join the board welcome form Totally ADD.

• flipper
    flipper

WALK ON- Welcome to freedom of mind my friend ! And I look forward to hearing more about you. Tae care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Farkel
    Farkel

Well, I for one welcome you, even though from what I've been told, I don't like anyone!

Farkel

• Gregor
    Gregor

A warm welcome. Glad you see the significance of the JW Memorial. It is the essence of their game. You will find the experience of ignoring it to be quite refreshing.

• Walk On
    Walk On

Thanks everyone for the welcome. :) Some of you have asked to hear more of my story. Is there a sub-forum one tells their story in, or this thread fine? Its a little long, and much like probably everyone else here, it doesn't end just because I left. My family/friends are still mostly entwined. :(

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

If you have any issue with being recognized by family or other Witnesses, you will want to post your personal story in the "private" section, which does not show up in Google searches. However, that section is still accessible by anyone who signs on to the site.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hi Walk On, welcome here. Would you like to share the 8 questions you put to the elders, or at least some? I would like to prepare myself as well for the end of my fading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit