"Do you believe the FDS is God's Organization on Earth?"

by sabastious 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

This question has been the bane of many fade attempts. Once the question is asked there is no return... because if you answer no the hammer comes down hard.

I have not been asked it yet, but I am sure it is to come.

I think a lot about the question because I know how important it is to the Witnesses. Without a "Channel of Communication from God" they are nothing but a bunch of nuts in their own minds. People can't start to question the Governing Body... chaos would ensue if those kind of thoughts were allowed the run free within the Organization.

The way I answer it is this:

"Sure, anything is possible. My main criteria for being divinely inspired is that the inspired has to be set appart from their counterparts. They need to be able to say and do things not possible by other means. In other words it has to be quite apparrent. Problem is the Governing Body doesn't give us their information or past. They give us their Title and position and they enforce it, for sure. But where is the credibility? Because they have the truth?

The only way to find credit for these guys, in my opinion, is to check out the people they demonize so much. This would be mainstream Christianity and of course scientific theory. After careful consideration of the facts I have concluded that both science and mainstream Christianity has been misrepresented to me my whole life.

Is there questionable speculation in these theories for the Human Existence? Of course! But one thing I have found out is that the Witnesses will quite often expose these speculations in print in order to paint them in a bad light. Problem is that the Witnesses have as many whacky ideas as the next group and sometimes many more.

Whacky ideas are not a bad thing, but the Governing Body seems to think so. They are so bent on painting themselves in a good light while demonizing their competitors. This sounds more like a cut-throat business model then the benevolent True Christians the FDS perports they lead.

Yet my ultimate answer to the question is ambiguous, I don't really know. I draw this conclusion because after all my research and hard work I have found out that I don't know much. I don't feel qualified to answer that question because there are still tomes to read about my fellow humans past and present. We are not a simple people so I will not give a simple answer. I wont deny I have often questioned their divine position, but at this point I don't comfortable with a firm Yes or No.

Really what it all boils down to is the JW requirement to fervently teach a specific doctrine. With my current conclusions I run smack into an ethical wall: how could I rightly teach something that I don't feel qualified to teach? The meaning of life? Sorry, maybe if I never looked on the outside I would feel qualified because I would only know the JW doctrine, but I cannot unsee what I have seen, I cannot unhear what I have heard and the things I have seen and heard have rocked my world leaving me with only a sense wonderment that I am so small and with so much to learn."

-Sab

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not know if this would work but one of my many plans would be to duck the question by saying

"Well of course it is evident that my confidence has suffered in recent times, otherwise I would still be active and busy doing what you men are doing. But I trust that you will assist me on the basis of the 22nd verse of Jude 'Show mercy to some that have doubts'...and on that basis perhaps we could discuss ..............."

• wobble
    wobble

"on that basis perhaps we could discuss the teaching they were giving out as food at the proper time in 1919 that made Jesus choose them ?"

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "Well of course it is evident that my confidence has suffered in recent times, otherwise I would still be active and busy doing what you men are doing. But I trust that you will assist me on the basis of the 22nd verse of Jude 'Show mercy to some that have doubts'...and on that basis perhaps we could discuss ..............."

Indeed, they are taught to be "compassionate" about "doubts." You'll know when they have categorized you outside of the "doubts" arena.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "on that basis perhaps we could discuss the teaching they were giving out as food at the proper time in 1919 that made Jesus choose them ?"

"Already past that, it was unconvincing."

-Sab

• sd-7
    sd-7

In thinking of how to escape this question, I wish I'd gone into drama mode, and said melodramatically:

"Of COURSE I believe this is Jehovah's organization! How could anyone NOT believe? The evidence is right there! Brothers, I don't want to question Jehovah. I think I...I've just been feeling depressed lately. I fear that I have allowed the imperfections of some of the brothers to....I don't know...rub me the wrong way. I'm sure that with time, prayer, and deep meditation on spiritual things, I can be readjusted and regain my spiritual footing. Please, brothers, will you help me?"

Well...maybe next year...

--sd-7

• sabastious
    sabastious

sd-7, it does seem like it would be fairly easy to dance around this question.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

Is the Governing Body supposed to be this FDS, or are the anointed supposed to be this FDS? (this is now how I would answer, this is a real question, lol)

Tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Is the Governing Body supposed to be this FDS, or are the anointed supposed to be this FDS? (this is now how I would answer, this is a real question, lol)

Hah, yes it is the real question, but it would likely start a flame war.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

WHo were the FDS and Governing body in the time of Adam and Eve? during Noah's time? during the captivity in Egypt? before the captivity in Egypt? Who was the governing body during Moses's time? after? during the timew of the northern and southern kingdoms? during the time of Saul and David? Isaiah? Elijah? Before the fall of Jreusalem? during the exile? after the exile? before the second temple? during the 2nd temple? after it? How was the FDS and GB when Jesus came? when he preached who did he go to? after he left who did he assiagn to govern? who took over? and after them who was responsible for preaching the Gospel? for making the Gospels? for making them into canon that the JW's still use?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit