How Would Jesus Announce HIs Second Coming to the Watchtower

by Band on the Run 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Someone wrote something on another thread that I find puzzling. How would Jesus communicate with them? Do they hear an actual voice? How do they discern their private thoughts from those of Jesus? Jesus was puzzling and always doing the unexpected. No one believed an executed common criminal would be the Messiah. How do they separate their human selves from divine thought?

If Armageddon started, what would be the intensity needed to say "This is Armageddon, and not periodic global warming." I remember al the Babylon the Great lectures. Do people have antichrist on their foreheards? What is the gb has a stalemate on a principle? Does it not occur?

Ray Franz book was amazing to me b/c he discussed the actual process. What is their explanation for discernment? Why are they so special and not another brother who was qualified but did not make it for political reasons? I read Franz book decades ago. It is strange how as a born-in I can never receive enough proof that they are deluded and/or fraudulent charlatons. My appetite for inside info never ceases to astonish me. I'd rather that they be just a distant memory. They still have a large imprint on my brain. I suppose it is hard for me to believe that these towering, all-powerful figures in my childhood were just wrong. I suffered so much. Part of me wants some meaning.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Evidently Jesus will level bethel and smite it with a sword before consuming it in fire. [Rev 19:17-21]

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks to Outlaw- we know that Jesus has been back to visit and he likes Starbucks and KFC!

-

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

The first three words out of his mouth are bound to be:

Answer me this…

• agonus
    agonus

If Jesus showed up at Bethel, they wouldn't know who the fuck he was. Guys with beards (and long hair) are apostates, y'know...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had a poster as a teen of a hippie bored in a middle class church. Wearing hippie attire, including sandals, he sits in the front row of a very 50s, Leave it to Beaver, church. He is so bored, he dozes on the shouler of the man sitting next to him. It was my statement against organized religion in general. I had far better posters but I hung it for years anyway.

One day the poster came up in family conversation. I called it my hippie in church poster. My mother shrieked in laughter, don't you realize that is Jesus? No I did not realize it. Not believing her I ran upstairs, to look at the poster more carefully to prove it was some dude from Greenwich Village or Central Park's Bethsaida Fountain. We always ran into happenings back then. Close observation led me to realize it was Jesus. Somehow I did not want Jesus seeing where I changed clothes and such. It was torn down promptly.

The same occurred with my grape boycott poster supporting the migrant workers led by Cesar Chavez. Since we lived on the East, they were hard to find here. It was a nice illustration of a bunch of grapes with boycott language. I had a wallet sized pledge in my purse. Since I never bought groceries, I was hardly a major force in the boycott. It was one of my best. After it was up for one year, I looked at it and my visual sight lines changed. There was a skull lurking in the grapes! It came off the wall so quickly. My brother took it, gladly, even with the skull.

• agonus
    agonus

"You poor bastards. You just don't get it, do you? You Just. Don't. Get. It. But you know what? I love you anyways. Jehovah Bless..."

Love, Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of God

• Ding
    Ding

Inaudibly, just like he allegedly returned invisibly.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Jesus in WatchTower World"..

................ ...OUTLAW

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

This one is too easy, he already told us what he will say--Matthew 25:41-47

Then he will say to those on his left hand, "Go away from me, with your curse upon you, to the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. [42] For I was hungry and you never gave me food, I was thirsty and you never gave me anything to drink [43] I was a stranger and you never made me welcome, lacking clothes and you never clothed me, sick and in prison and you never visited me." [44] Then it will be their turn to ask, "Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty, a stranger or lacking clothes, sick or in prison, and did not come to your help?" [45] Then he will answer, "In truth I tell you, in so far as you neglected to do this to one of the least of these, you neglected to do it to me." [46] And they will go away to eternal punishment, and the upright to eternal life.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit