Gilead school was built as an Armagedon bombshelter for Bethelites!

by Witness 007 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Rutherford's book "Enemies in 1937 said America would become a fascist Catholic country and start Armagedon...so where do you hide the Bethel family?

Watch 82 8/15 p.10 "...for the safety of the Bethel family a place was built in South Lansing New York...it was never needed for that purpose...later transformed into a Missionary school..."

Watch 81 12/15 P.28 "Rutherford believed that intense persecution against the Witnesses may require them to leave headquarters...thus he built a building in upstate New York that could be used to house the Bethel family..."

Nathan Knorr thought this was crazy so after Rutherford died he transfomed this isolated property into a Missionary school in Feb 1943.

• blondie
    blondie

Rutherford also believed that the US and Britain would lose the war and the Facists would take over the US.....

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This is why "Johnny's" idea of underground bunkers is not the least bit far-fetched. It is typically something the Borg leaders would do.

• agonus
    agonus

Beth-Shan, people, don't forget Beth-Shan! Don't put anything past these lunatics... and I speak as a self-admitted lunatic!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Interesting that Rutherford was only concerned about the inner Bethel elite - not about ordinary witness rank and file.

Guess he figured they had storm cellers.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, James Woods, look at how Rutherford threw the German Jehovah's Witnesses to the Fascists by insisting that the German brothers and sisters continue the preaching work unabated while Hitler was in power...

It appears that Rutherford was more concerned with the obedience of the German brothers to his orders, than with their personal safety...

Zid

• james_woods
    james_woods
    It appears that Rutherford was more concerned with the obedience of the German brothers to his orders, than with their personal safety...
    Zid

Exactly. Just like Malawi.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Old Timers also tell about Rutherford have firearms dispensed to Bethelites, and particularly on the rural properties.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Old Timers also tell about Rutherford have firearms dispensed to Bethelites, and particularly on the rural properties.

Marvin Shilmer

Please, provide some reference for that.

Regards

Pascal

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

As a teenager I was shocked to hear old timer Witnesses talking about expecting Armagedon during WW 2...I would say don't you mean 1975? I thought they were just senile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit