30 hour Aux. Pio?

by life is to short 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• life is to short
    life is to short

Maybe there has already been a thread on this. Billy the ex Bethelite just mentioned this in one of his posts that it will be read this coming Sunday.

Just wondering if this is true. This was talked about two years ago but nothing come of it.

Sorry if I missed a post on it but just wondering if it is true.

LITS

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It's true, but just for the month of April.

In reality, I think most Aux pioneers only tend to get 30 hours anyway...

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks brotherdan I know I also think most reg pioneers never get their time in also, it is all just stupid joke about the time.

Thanks again.

LITS

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I was a pioneer when the hour requirement was 90 hours a month. Those were some of the most stressful times of my life. When it is August and you need 140 hours to "make" your time...it's brutal. Our elders would give you a stern talking to if you didn't get your time too. There were a couple years where they told me that if I didn't make my time then they would "remove" me from the ranks. I think I remember them telling my mom that once too. And yet...she is still a pioneer and repeats the same mantra that they all do: "There is no other way I would rather spend my time. I wish I would have started sooner."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I would bet that this is a trial balloon and if it works (meaning if it boosts the numbers enough to be announcement-worthy at the end of the service year) they will do it EVERY Memorial season from here on out.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

30 hours Pioneer is a bit of a joke and an insult to those who used to get the 90 hours (Regular) or 75 (Vacation/Auxiliary)...

At one time they used to print the National reports in the K M every month, broken down by publisher, pioneer and auxiliary , but I do not think they do that now. The pioneer figures were always below the quota...

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

Almost 4 years ago I aux. pioneered for 5 months straight and had to get 50 hours a month. I made SURE that I got ALL 50 hours in each month. This was a signed promise to Jehovah that I took very seriously. Why bother committing to it if I was not going to make it?

I hated it when they read my name of each month that I signed up for. I did not want to be praised for something that I was doing out of my love for Jehovah.....NOT to be recognized by the congregation. I was told that if I just checked the little box to regular aux. each month that they would no longer announce it from the stage each month. BUT I did not want to commit to something that I was not sure I could follow through with. It was hard enough filling out that form each month as it was.

Fast forward 1 year and I signed up again for 1 month this time. I ended up sick, had a death in the family that I had to contend with and barely made 30 hours. I was SO upset and disappointed in myself for not following through with my committment that I never signed up again. After that I had a hard time even making my 10 hours in each month.

30 hours in the month of April sounds like they are trying to recruit MORE to sign up by decreasing the hours and making it more doable for some who may not sign up otherwise. What ever works, I guess.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

What it ALSO does is it allows them to report the HUGE amount of Aux pioneers in the KM! I am sure that they will write an article that shows how much Jehovah has blessed us by sending more people into the field!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s a big slap in the face to the old timer JW`s..

10 hours is what it took in the old days,to be a Publisher..

Now it`s 15 minutes..

Eventually..

All you will have to do is..

Be Baptized and have a Pulse..

http://www.healthcentral.com/images/ency/fullsize/9800.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It is no different from how they changed the rule to allow 15 minutes of service to be reported in order to be a regular publisher so that later that year they could announce a 4% increase in publishers for the year.

Any way to manufacture stats for self-aggrandizement and the Borg will do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit