Tried to end my "bible" study, ended up agreeing to go to the Kingdom Hall instead!!!

by KristiKay 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jehovah Witnesses can be like a tumor, you have to surgically remove them using their own tactics

and that's usin' some scripture.

• bohm
    bohm

I would go to the meeting with an open mind and see what it was all about. then i think i would tell the lady you study with the following the next time you study with her before you open your books:

"It was a very interesting experience to be at the meeting, and i am happy to have gained more insight into what your religion is about, and you have taken the time to teach me. But there is something that bothers me greatly and I must talk with you about it.

We can both agree that allmost all religions are wrong. When you rang my doorbell, you was allmost convinced that you would find my religious ideas to be flawed, and likewise i *should* be as sceptical of the message you brought to my door as i should be to any faith, christian or otherwise.

So how do i deal with that sceptism? First and foremost by listening carefull to what you have to say and what your magazines teach, but this cannot stand alone.

Let me give you an example. Last year i went out to buy a new TV/Car/Cellphone/whatever, and the first model i found was a Samsung A540 which looked really good. But nevertheless i googled "samsung A540" on the internet, and i found a customer with a less favorable review. So i tried to research the details he was critical about from other sources -- he might just be some crazy guy -- and found it didnt seem important. So in the end i bought the cellphone and i am happy about it today. But i digress.

The lesson i want to teach is that even for such an insignificant descision, and where allmost all cellphones are "good enough", i think one should try to research from more than one source. As for religion, which can affect the rest of my life and my salvation and where allmost all religions are 100% wrong, the need to research is even more important!. So that is basically what i did, just googled "jehovahs witness" and read the first few sites, positive or negative.

What i have found has shocked me and worries me greatly. Dont get me wrong, there are a lot of people who critisize jehovahs witness for things that seem insignificant, plain stupid, or from personal experiences which i suspect may be fabricated. But when i peel away all that cannot be verified, or seem crazy, or illogical, or just subjective experiences, I am left with a handfull of recurrent things i simply cannot dismiss in good conscience. I have tried to be highly critical, expecting much of it to be from disgruntled ex-members, but when i have checked facts it has turned up to be true.

I know there are many things of witness theology that are logical and which make sence to me, but i cannot overlook these things. I know you think it may be Satan or apostates who are planting untruths, but how can i be sure? If these things are untrue, there must be arguments to dismiss them -- and i need to hear them.

It makes little sence to study your religion if all we did was to avoid the things i find extremely important. To return to the cellphone, i have a mental image that we study how slick the cover design are, while there are customer after customer who tell me the touchscreen does not work.. in a sence i want you to show me the touchscreen indeed work so i can put that worry to rest.

Therefore i want to ask you this: Will you help me in my search for truth? ... In that case, have made a printout of some arguments i found persuasive and which i cannot put to rest. i would suggest we try to read one of them her, and then you can get the rest home to read and we can talk about them at another time."

Be polite and insistent. Dont allow her to insist she does not have to read the printouts. Ask her why you cannot do that when you can read their books. If she persist, tell her if she believe something in the printouts are wrong. When she says yes, ask her how she can know that when she has not read them, or why you cant just read it so she can show you. Keep going -- she will either pick up her stuff and leave, or not read them. At any rate, you have a very valid reason for quitting the meeting. If you want to really rattle her cage, tell her this:

"One thing i kept reading that worried me is that many say witness will not read critical litterature, but only consider what they have written themselves. Is that true?".

(have some pages from jwfacts.com printed out and ready.. only bring the stuff that are really really hard to dismiss).

• Heaven
    Heaven

I'm going to have a serious talk with my husband...He needs to start takeing me out more, and I need to find a different hobby: )

KK, now you're talkin'!

Personally, I'd rather be having sex any day that going to a KH. Maybe you could use that on them too. Tell them you have to have sex with your husband tonight so you can't go to the KH... ever again. Because every night is sex night with hubby!

• elderelite
    elderelite

yea... you think trying to end a bible study is bad.. try leaving the cult once you are baptised... or even better...

try stepping down as an elder

run while you still can

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there ((((((( EE )))))))

• KristiKay
    KristiKay

Bohm- We had a similar discission to the one you are discribing, I used the example of cosmetology school. I told her that when I wanted to learn how to do hair, I researched what was the best school to attend. So when she offered a bible study (over and over again, during numerous visits) (thats a whole different story that I posted about previously, she finally showed up one evening when I had had a few cocktails. I agreed to the study because i figured it would be better to have scheduled visits than her just showing up at random times) Anyways, apon doing some innocent research about some of the things she was saying, I was bombarded with some very negative things about the JWs. I told her that I wasn't purposely trying to find out bad things, but I'm not going to ignore it when it's in front of me. I'm going to see if she actually looks into my claims of false phrophecy, if she dosen't then there's no need to have any further discussions....There already is no need for further discussions!!!! I'm completely convinced that Jehovah's Witnesses do not have the "Truth"!!! I might take Heavens suggestions, I'm going to say my weekends are reserved for sex...oral sex...all weekend long!!!! : )

• KristiKay
    KristiKay

Bohm- We had a similar discission to the one you are discribing, I used the example of cosmetology school. I told her that when I wanted to learn how to do hair, I researched what was the best school to attend. So when she offered a bible study (over and over again, during numerous visits) (thats a whole different story that I posted about previously, she finally showed up one evening when I had had a few cocktails. I agreed to the study because i figured it would be better to have scheduled visits than her just showing up at random times) Anyways, apon doing some innocent research about some of the things she was saying, I was bombarded with some very negative things about the JWs. I told her that I wasn't purposely trying to find out bad things, but I'm not going to ignore it when it's in front of me. I'm going to see if she actually looks into my claims of false phrophecy, if she dosen't then there's no need to have any further discussions....There already is no need for further discussions!!!! I'm completely convinced that Jehovah's Witnesses do not have the "Truth"!!! I might take Heavens suggestions, I'm going to say my weekends are reserved for sex...oral sex...all weekend long!!!! : )

• KristiKay
    KristiKay

sorry- double post

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

You will have to raise your hand and ask permission to go to the bathroom.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Kristi Kay, you are being far too nice to your JW lady.

Not that being a nice person is a bad thing, but this is a CULT, and this JW woman is radioactive with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit