3 yr old tells school friends they'll be destroyed at Armageddon

by not bitter 14 Replies latest jw friends

• not bitter
    not bitter

Every now and then my mum reminds me of the time when she was called to my nursery school by the head teacher because I had been telling all my friends that they would be destroyed at Armageddon. Can you imagine what the other parents must have thought when little Johnny and little Doris went home crying asking why they were going to be destroyed for not sharing a toy.

My mum seems to think it hilarious and implies that I was the one being naughty for saying it in the first place. I SHOULD NEVER HAVE LEARNT SUCH THINGS!!!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

When I was 4 I told our next door neighbor (who was in her 70's) that she was not going to go to heaven. She said, "Yes I am. I love Jesus and I have been saved." I remember telling her, "Oh no your not. You won't even be in the paradise."

My mom was so proud of me that day. Can you imagine?!?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

That's the sort of thing that was related at assemblies as a positive experience.

W

• james_woods
    james_woods

It is as crazy as the Westboro Baptist Church people.

• I quit!
    I quit!

To outsiders you must have seemed like a little dub version of Damien.

because I had been telling all my friends that they would be destroyed at Armageddon.
  • sacolton
    sacolton

Hitler youths.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Brotherdan, Nothing like teaching a child to be disrespectful of other's beliefs and disrespectful of age. Dubs think nothing of sending children that should be at home playing out knocking on doors to try to convert adults to a religion that the are to young to have any understanding of themselves so I guess we shouldn't be surprised when their children do things like you did.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Telling another person they will die, or do not have gods approval is always a haughty and arrogant path.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The damaging effects of this apocalyptic religion on developing children is notable and apparent.

Just to show how extreme it can get I grew up with the PO son who lived just a few doors down from where I lived

and this kid was the terror of the neighborhood. There was so much hatred built up in his impressionable mind ( this old world ) that any

thing that wasn't related to the JWS such as schools, other children in the neighborhood and just a total lack of respect

for people of any age. The school that we attended was his biggest target, such as breaking windows , burning it with fire.

He'd pick a fight with anyone whenever the mood hit him, even made up a game of spitting on the worldly children when he

rode his bike to school.

All mentally infused by the notion that people who were not JWS are evil and they are going to die soon anyways.

Last I heard of him was back in 1988 and apparently had become a drug pusher. He did try and contact me by phone

but I made up an excuse and declined meeting up with him.

The WTS. does not know and does not care about the psychological mental health of people there're openly preaching to.

Another example, back in the early 70's when Armageddon was to arrive approximately around 1975, this heighten fear mongering

induced so much anxiety into some young teenagers they took their own lives, there were at least 3 JW teens in a span of 4 or 5 years.

Who says organized religion isn't dangerous or harmful to the public.

• LotusFlower1
    LotusFlower1

When I was 5 or 6, I told my next door neighbor that her families eyeballs would be rolling around in the streets at Armaggedon and that birds would

be picking at their dead bodies. I think my mother was slightly embarrassed when the neighbor's mother reported this. That's when I learned that

there were some "truths" that worldy people just couldn't be told until the time comes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit