The Aflockalypse

by brotherdan 18 Replies latest social current

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Maybe the blackbirds ate drumfish?

• agonus
    agonus

Well, maybe the birds and fish were in an end-times cult and drank the Kool-Aid

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It is interesting that the fish and birds died at the same time though. Although how this fortells any sort of Apocalypse makes no sense...

It probably should remain in the "interesting" category and not get any further than that. But there is no telling.

Here's how one thing went beyond "interesting" and became an Apocalyptic thing:
    A man declared "The End Of The World As We Know It" (TEOTWAWKI) would happen by the end of 1914.
    World War 1 started in that year. TEOTWAWKI was redefined to fit into what happened.

Similarly, some obscure application of some seldom-read scripture will be dug out and the fish and birds will be a "sign."

• undercover
    undercover

It can't be the "end"... the birds dying just fucks shit up. Because right after the "end", birds will be eating the eyeballs of the dead. If the birds are dying, who's gonna eat our eyeballs?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

All these events have explanations that have to be ignored by the lunatic fringe so that they can have their desire for the supernatural appeased.

The fish washed up on a beach in NZ were most likely dumped from a trawler. It has happened before. Nets break, sometimes a large school is netted and the catch won't fit in the hold.

It is an offence to dump fish so no one will own up. The fishing industry will pretend they are having an enquiry, but no culprit will be found ..... as usual.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

If the birds are dying, who's gonna eat our eyeballs?

Now THAT is solid logic. I like it, undercover! But one thing is wrong. The birds eat the carcasses. The eyeballs rot out of their sockets and the tongues rot out of the mouths ala Zechariah 14:12.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The birds eat the carcasses. The eyeballs rot out of their sockets and the tongues rot out of the mouths ala Zechariah 14:12.

Like the birds are going to wait around for that to happen or skip the eyeballs so they can rot afterward. Yeah, right.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

No the eyeballs rot while the person is still alive. Ever seen Indiana Jones? Sort of like that kind of face melting stuff.

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

@undercover hahaha that's awesome. i hadn't heard about the birds until just now but i was starting to worry armageddon was here after the fantastic New Year celebration (first ever) i had XD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit