G'day from Oz - My Story

by Gemmel 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

hi Gemmel, I'm in NSW but a few hundred km from Sydney.

I have cousins in Brisbane and Toowoomba so I'm feeling a little anxious for them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry to hear about losing family contact. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you are dealing with things good. Hey, you never know when another family member might seek you out.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

welcome to JWN, quite a story

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

Thanks for sharing your story......so sad to me how family turns their back on loved ones in this org. all done in the name of God too.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Welcome & Thanks for sharing- you've been out for a while and it sounds like you have been able to move on from JW rubbish doctrine and develop your own worldview- it is nice to see that you seem mentally healthy and happy. I too get the talk from mom- I am afraid for you to die at armageddon- it is sad to see your loved ones in fear of such a horrible thing (that is not true)- I often don't know what to say....

Look forward to hearing more...Hi from USA

CHG

• mamalove
    mamalove

Although your story is sad and painful, it was comforting to read that this is not unique, that most of us have been dealing with the family shunning. How are you doing now? Looking forward to more!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board. Yes so sad that we lose family.
    but that is their choice.No matter what MY kids or grandkids do
    (& believe me they are screwed up)I love them & would always
    be there for them.But we should be grateful we didnt enroll in the
    Jonestown cult, we would have drank the coolaid,with this cult
    we can "upchuck" all they told us to swallow.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Thnx for sharing your story Gemmel, good to see that you faced up to the 'lie' before you left.

These people (Jws), like all christians, live in an imaginary world. In their 'world' they have control and therefore claim the right to punish those who leave. So no-one leaves with dignity, you must leave in a crisis of their manufacture.

Nonetheless, even though it may come at a price (loss of family and fairweather Jw friends) our freedom is worth it. Those who stay are the real losers.

I'm also from Sydney - do not say much else about myself as I have some family contact (those who are still in) that could easily be broken by the crazies who froth at the mouth if there is any sign of contact. One thing though - like a few others, I study at a University, where you soon learn that the whole Christian thingie is built on myth and fable.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to this forum.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello Gemmell and a big welcome to you. Another story of bad treatment sadly. Looking fwd to your future posts.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit