my mother was a hoarder so i cannot watch that show

too triggering for me!

however, she didnt hoard rats.....
    and neither do i, although i do
    have 2 pet rats, noodles and jezzie
    (mother and daughter)

the rats from that hoarding situation
    are available for adoption from northstar rescue

http://northstarrescue.org/news-events/latest-news-from-north-star-rescue/60-previews-for-the-rat-hoarding-episode-on-aae

• White Dove
    White Dove

I would love to have a pet rat, but my dog and cat may like it even more so no rat:*(

I've always loved pets.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My mom was not a hoarder, just the opposite. She only saved certain things. BUT..she went through a spell where she never cleaned house or cooked..I don't know what she did all day. I think she slept all day because she would start talking to herself about how rotten her relatives were (they were Catholics lol) around 3 am and wake me. My dad and my brother seemed to be able to sleep through it. I had a hard time going to school the next day. I was so tired and hungry all the time.

She eventually got a job for the first time and did wonderful..she was almost normal.

It's funny how some react to their situations, even reading here I am amazed at how differently people handle stress in their lives.

Snoozy

• only me
    only me

Most hoarders are very OCD. They get caught up n the minutia and cannot handle the big picture. Even small scraps of parer are important to them.

Chickpea- Noodles and Jezzie are adorable!

Rats are the best pets, but not 2000 of them all at once.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Only me..my Mom also went through something like that. It only lasted a few months but I remember it. She kept a mixture of clorox and soap in the bathroom sink and was constantly washing her hands. So much so that they were raw. I do remeber her going to the Dr but don't remember what happened. She did eventually stop the ritual ..it was never mentioned again.

Funny how as a kid you just accept certain things without questions..

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit