I don't even necessarily find the repetition to be what is "boring" about the meetings. There is no variety or different/special ways of doing things. I remember growing up, sometimes there would be the rare slide show that someone from bethel during their talk at the meeting. I liked them for the mere reason of it being something different. But now it seems like that does not even happen anymore. It's all either question and answer or instruction.
Do you want to change boredom at the Kingdom Halls, GB? Here are some suggestions. These are minor "upgrades", but I think they would be appreciated by all the people that force themselves to sit there every week and listen to the same rehashed doody that comes out of the Watchtower.
1. Do a question and answer session where the audience gets to ask the question that is on their mind. It can be anything from "Why do we hold to 607 as the date of Jerusalems destruction instead of 586/7, to why does Revelation talk about the Great Crowd being located in heaven to why does the society ban beards?
2. Music needs to change. Maybe add a choir? Live music? Something "worshipful" instead of singing along to boring piano songs. Worship should be a happy, enjoyful, and emotional time to praise God. Not the mindless tone deaf singing that you will hear in just about any Kingdom Hall across the country. Even though you have never admitted it, GB, I do know that you produced the popular George Benson kingdom melodies at bethel. I was working in audio/video at the time. You said they sounded like false religious music. Shame on you. Shame on you. That may have been one single thing that could have made younger ones realize that you understand the modern world.
3. Stop enforcing 1950's business style dress for the meetings. I have yet to find a scripture that states that facial hair must not exist. In fact, I have found just the opposite. Sitting in a stuffy Kingdom Hall with 100 other people that are all looking at each other to make sure that their dress code is up to par to what they think is "holy" does not make a comfortable atmosphere.
4. Implement some sort of "Sunday School" type program for young people. If adults do not like sitting for 2 hours while listening to a dry speaker expound on the importance of the fringes on the High Priests garments and how they picture Jesus faithfulness, then children will not either. Let them color some pictures of Jesus. Let them learn about the adventures of the 1st century apostles spreading Christianity. Don't force them to listen to the Bible's commands on spilling your semen on the earth and how long you are to be unclean following an unclean discharge.
5. Have specialized meetings for people. The concerns and spiritual needs of older women or mothers may be different than a 18 year old teenage boy. Bring the teens together for bible study. Encourage everyone to meet together, but also realize that 90% of the teens at the KH HATE HATE HATE being there. Make it nice for them.
In conclusion, I realize that you will not do ANY these things. You are not interested in making people happy. You are interested in keeping them under your mind control. You have the power and that is what you want. You want them to obey you, and that makes YOU happy. So I must say...GO BACK TO THE 50's! There is no room for you here in the future!