Aid to Bible Understanding

by Sharpie 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

How many people still have the book Aid to Bible Understanding? And when did the Watchtower decide to scrap it? Was there any offical anoucements anyone rememeber to please return the books? or to distroy them? Just curious.

thanks!! -Sharpie :)

• Listener
    Listener

From the Watchtower 1989 3/15

“Insight

ontheScriptures”—ANewBible

Encyclopedia

AT THE “Divine Justice” District Conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses, announcement was made of the release of a new Bible encyclopedia entitled InsightontheScriptures. This is a two-volume publication, with a total of 2,560 pages, all of it in clear, readable type. At present it is available only in English, but translation is already well under way in a number of other languages.

Insight

ontheScriptures includes much of what was formerly in the book AidtoBibleUnderstanding and a great deal more. In what respects is it different? Scores of sections have been revised and updated. There are also many new articles as well as added features in Insightonthe

Scriptures.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I still have mine.

As far as I know, there has never been an instruction to destroy WT books, the only return instructions being for unplaced books to be returned for redistribution by more enthusiastic drones.

• alanv
    alanv

We want to assure you briothers this new book release has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that Ray Franz, who wrote a lot of the aid to bible unstanding book got kicked out and is now an apostate.

signed Watchtower society

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/47036/1/ADAM-AND-EVE-CREATED-SAME-YEAR-says-Jehovahs-channel

There was a question about how long after Adam was created was Eve created. The Aid book had them created in the same year. That allowed the WTS to interpret that the end, Armageddon, could come in 1975.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Still have both of mine. The original version was letters A - G or something, then the full version was released a couple of years later.

There was one for sale recently (Amazon/Ebay?) for £48!

George

• blondie
    blondie

http://users.oeccwildblue.com/millerlr/PivotalYear1988SodomGomorrah.pdf

Other updates of the Aid book in the Insight books

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Still use the trusty Aid Book in this household...both of us find the single volume a lot easier to handle than the two volumes of Insight..

We have never been given instruction to discard them..The local K H library still has one....

• reds
    reds

I still have mine.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Still got ours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit